Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VAMPIRO

Help with moisturiser - which one of these?

Hi, was wondering if you could help. Need a new moisturiser (have been using Nivea oil free moisturising fluid for 8 years and have now developed an allergy to it - makes my eyes watery) so need a new moisturiser. I don't fancy the Eucerin as there seem to be mixed reports. I have bought:

Boots Skin Clear Oil Free Moisturiser

Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser

Garnier Pure

I have had a bad experience with Garnier about 4 years ago but can't remember if it was this one. I though Simple said "Oil Free" in the shop (again there are conflicting reports re: Simple on here). Am currently planning on going with the Boots own brand. Get quite scared trying new products, just got over a breakout from changing facial cleanser (Clearasil sensitive is awesome).

Thanks.

The simple one is great :)

i used to use it, but i prefer my garnier pure shine control moisturiser.

eucerin is great also, but leaves you looking shiny. IMO go with the simple :) simple moisturiser = simple answer

Thanks for the tip.

In the end I went out and took everything back and got Avene Skin Recovery. In 2000 I did clinical trials for an acne topical antibiotic, and they supplied us with avene wash bars and avene skin recovery. I ended up with like 2 years supply of both. Never liked the wash bar but the cold cream always worked for me so would rather use it. Would rather pay extra for the peace of mind and now that I'm in my mid-twenties and can afford to use the better products it makes sense to make the investment.

FWIW I recomend anyone with sensitive skin to never buy the clinique soap bars or bodyshop facial wash. Both gae me massive breakouts.

i tried alsorts over last 7 years of spot fighting...

dermasalve is the best for me,,not available in shops,online only but lasts ages...