Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kvb927

stopping pimples from growing - ZENO?

Does anyone know of any effective ways to minimize the severity of a pimple when you see one forming?

Is it worth buying that Zeno thing?

Thanks!

I've heard nothing good about Zeno. Check out some reviews at this site

www.makeupalley.com

I have actually had pretty good luck with it for those 'underground' inflamed pimples. It usually makes them either go away completely or it shrinks them and makes them go away quickly. You really have to catch them early though. I don't get a lot of inflamed acne anymore, so I don't know if it would be useful to anyone with more widespread or frequent breakouts. I think it is best suited for people who get the occasional, red inflamed pimple.

Thanks!

Why don't you get a lot of inflamed acne anymore - got a secret ;) ?

I have actually had pretty good luck with it for those 'underground' inflamed pimples. It usually makes them either go away completely or it shrinks them and makes them go away quickly. You really have to catch them early though. I don't get a lot of inflamed acne anymore, so I don't know if it would be useful to anyone with more widespread or frequent breakouts. I think it is best suited for people who get the occasional, red inflamed pimple.

Thanks!

Why don't you get a lot of inflamed acne anymore - got a secret ;) ?

I've been tempted to try Zeno for those inflamed, underground ones (especially since I don't get them so frequently that I need Accutane, which makes my problem into a no-win situation). I just don't want to shell out $200 for something that has such mixed reviews.

I use ice. - the opposite of Zeno in that it's cold instead of heat, but the same effect I think - and it's free. I also put a drop of teatree oil on the ice itself and then apply for a good few minutes. I find it's most effective when you catch it early tho too. Willow, among many others, has recommended ice before.

thanks! I will try it and let you know...

I use ice. - the opposite of Zeno in that it's cold instead of heat, but the same effect I think - and it's free. I also put a drop of teatree oil on the ice itself and then apply for a good few minutes. I find it's most effective when you catch it early tho too. Willow, among many others, has recommended ice before.

I bought Zeno right when it came out, so I spent $250, not to mention replacement tips where $25 a pop (I went through 3 tips) before realizing that it wasn't doing a dam thing. Every-time I see that dam thing sitting in my drawer I start grinding my teeth cause I'm so pissed that I spent all that money for NOTHING!!!!!!

You'll get better results by using hot compresses over your pimples/cysts.....at least it's free and it's actually doing something.

Yes, ice is a good (and cheaper) alternative. For me, ice mostly helps existing spots shrink - reduces inflamation and redness. I have yet to have ice stop a new spot from forming though. Zeno has, on occasion, done this for me. Supposedly ice can do this sometimes for some people, but its mostly an "after the fact" treatment for me. So, I mostly use the zeno on new developing spots (3 times in the first 24 hrs), and after that if its still not gone I will just ice it. Sometimes I alternate the two - so I'll use Zeno before showering in the morning, then wash my face and then ice, and then apply treatment products. Again, I think Zeno is very limited in its usefulness, but it still has an occasional place in my treament regimen.