Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stereophonic

What a difference a year makes!

I cant get over how much my life has changed over the past year.This time last year i had no hope at all and was close (ish) to giving up on life almost everyday.Everyday was the same,wake-up...worry about my skin....drag my ass to uni...worry about my skin for the rest of the day....sleep.It was like when someone dies and ur told 'all it takes is time!' Thats the last thing anyone who's depressed wants to hear.But sometimes its the truth,an instant solution isnt always available.

It didnt all change over nite but now im a different person.And its all down to clear skin,how sad.That having no acne was all it took to make me happy :rolleyes: At long last though,i have a life.One that i wake up everyday and count my lucky stars that i have,that i didnt give up.I go out,enjoy myself,get drunk like every other person my age lol.Get up to stuff i probably really shouldnt be! Its all so bizarre.For my entire adult life,ive labelled myself 'the ugly one' amongst my group of friends.Who'd ever want me compared with these girls?Now its all changed :shock: which is so peculiar.When we go out,i get attention just like my mates.WTF! me?! When a guy talked to me before,in my head i was thinking 'are you sure mate? i mean,look at the other choices standin right next to me,you must be blind!' And i dunno,i guess now i dont feel like that.I dont feel inadequate in comparison to them.Which is a feeling ive never had.

I guess its all down to confidence maybe,and of course hope.Its all anyone ever needs.The hope i clung onto ive now passed onto someone else.Somebody i know has had a really bad skin condition thats crippled theyre self-confidence for 20years.After seeing the change in my life now that i havnt got acne,theyre having treatment for it and it will be gone in 6months :D warms the cockles of me heart.I bumped into my cousin recently who hasnt seen me in ages,the first thing she said was 'woah ur skin is clear!' :lol: no hello,nice to see you or anything. Woah this is seriously long post.Just wanted to share my success story and hope it happens to every one of you.That it all turns round no matter how bleak and unlikely it may seem.

Wow! Good for you! Happy to hear it!

What worked?

How old are you?

Thanks

I cant get over how much my life has changed over the past year.This time last year i had no hope at all and was close (ish) to giving up on life almost everyday.Everyday was the same,wake-up...worry about my skin....drag my ass to uni...worry about my skin for the rest of the day....sleep.It was like when someone dies and ur told 'all it takes is time!' Thats the last thing anyone who's depressed wants to hear.But sometimes its the truth,an instant solution isnt always available.

It didnt all change over nite but now im a different person.And its all down to clear skin,how sad.That having no acne was all it took to make me happy :rolleyes: At long last though,i have a life.One that i wake up everyday and count my lucky stars that i have,that i didnt give up.I go out,enjoy myself,get drunk like every other person my age lol.Get up to stuff i probably really shouldnt be! Its all so bizarre.For my entire adult life,ive labelled myself 'the ugly one' amongst my group of friends.Who'd ever want me compared with these girls?Now its all changed :shock: which is so peculiar.When we go out,i get attention just like my mates.WTF! me?! When a guy talked to me before,in my head i was thinking 'are you sure mate? i mean,look at the other choices standin right next to me,you must be blind!' And i dunno,i guess now i dont feel like that.I dont feel inadequate in comparison to them.Which is a feeling ive never had. Ive met the most incredible person ever :wub: i think im on the love boat lol.....nooooo.At the start part of me was screamin 'dont do it!' Your acne will come back and then he'll break your heart.Last year i would have listened to that voice and ran for the hills.

I guess its all down to confidence maybe,and of course hope.Its all anyone ever needs.The hope i clung onto ive now passed onto someone else.Somebody i know has had a really bad skin condition thats crippled theyre self-confidence for 20years.After seeing the change in my life now that i havnt got acne,theyre having treatment for it and it will be gone in 6months :D warms the cockles of me heart.I bumped into my cousin recently who hasnt seen me in ages,the first thing she said was 'woah ur skin is clear!' :lol: no hello,nice to see you or anything. Woah this is seriously long post,ima sssh now.Just wanted to share my success story and hope it happens to every one of you.That it all turns round no matter how bleak and unlikely it may seem.