Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Al_8921

'Diet doesn't cause acne' - the line has been breached - commence the acne revolution!

It's finally happened, away from anecdotal assertions and unproven 'miracle' cures of the internet an actual link between diet and acne appears to have been forged. September 2007 saw the publication of 'The Clear Skin Diet' by Alan Logan, Dr. Logan methodically investigates diet and acne with a host of controlled, peer reviewed studies that provide actual evidence for a dietry link on mulitple levels. Additionally he debunks the two famously quoted studies that profess no link between diet and acne and pulls the rug from under their feet. This is not pie in the sky but REAL science, unlike the initial studies that created the acne 'truism' that everybody seems to quote without actually knowing the experimental conditions, it's a great line to give yourself though as you chug down another slice of pizza, been there!

It's time to put this shi*t between diet and acne to bed once and for all: 'DIET DOES EFFECT ACNE'. The book not only empirically proves that link but instructs you on what to do about it to get you back on the road to clear skin, I'm using the plan myself, my skin has never looked better. I've binned my BHA products that were giving me rashes and all the other expensive topical crap that I was mugged into buying, I now need look no further than what's on my dinner plate. Viva La acne Revolucion!

The clear skin diet helped me out out loads. Reduce my acne by half just be cutting out dairy, bread, (and my OD with Peanut butter) haha

I am a strong believer in the logic that diet does affect acne..not the sole reason or cure all but it does play a part. However, i wish someone can explain the reasoning along the lines of those people without acne can eat anything and still won't get a single pimple. Yes, i know everyone is different but i find it intriging that those who suffer from acne have to avoid so many things and eat so much of other things whereas, those who don't have skin trouble can still eat whatever and it doesn't affect them whatsoever. No effects on the skin at all???? All of this "allergy" with no bearing to gender, race, age, or even where someone lives. Just doesn't make too much sense...

it has got to do with our genetic makeup. as you said, not all people are alike. its the same as to those people who have to avoid crustaceans (shrimps, crabs, lobsters ALL HEAVENLY :drool: ) all their lives. certain foods create an allergic reaction to different people.

it has got to do with our genetic makeup. as you said, not all people are alike. its the same as to those people who have to avoid crustaceans (shrimps, crabs, lobsters ALL HEAVENLY :drool: ) all their lives. certain foods create an allergic reaction to different people.

My thoughts exactly. I've tried a few diets, none of them helped me at all.

and the mainstream brainwashes again so they can leak the air with 100000 proactiv commercials and make a billion off nutrogena, clearasil etc this year

diet plays a role, period