Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dacrow

metabolism?

Hellloo

my problem is that I gain weight even if im getting like 1600-1700 kcal per day. I exercise daily (not too much, just light running). I don't really count strictly or anything so it might just be that my numbers are off, but i don't think so.

what should i do? i only want to keep my current weight. no gain, no loss, while getting more calories. 2000 would be nice. (why? because i believe that long term low calorie intake has problems like hair loss etc. etc. but correct me if im wrong).

I'm 136 lbs now.

Thanks!

try carefully counting your calories for a few days and see if you really are taking in 1600-1700 per day. make sure you take portion size into account. you might be getting more calories than you think because portion sizes on food packages tend to be a bit small.

A bit more intensive exercise will boost your metabolism. So will a good cup of coffee. So exercise and coffee are two good starting points. Also eat small frequent meals throughout the day; that will boost the metabolism and the efficiency of your body.

hmm so apparently my super-high carb based diet was contributing somewhat. (I was getting ~15 grams of fat per day before, and like 30 grams protein, the rest carbs)

Does anyone know the number of calories that you should NOT go below for health reasons? I feel pretty full all the time so i force myself to eat (so I'm not starving myself).

I hear 1500..does that sound pretty airtight? I don't want to deprive my organs of the nutrition they need. (and if i were on ~1500 calories for months on end, would that have long term bad effects as long as im NOT losing weight?)