Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpmetane

Questions about acne, red marks...etc

Well i've been on Accutane 20 mg for 4 months and i finished about 2 1/2 months ago.

I don't have any pimples, but i was left with red marks, but pimple wise, just a few here and there thats about it. But during the 2 1/2 months all i used was Retin A and water. Now i used my up retin A and i wanted more to help get rid of the red marks, but my dermatologist said no because it is going to mess up my skin. So i need advice, i can't use water to prevent pimples and fade away red marks.

I'm thinking to keep my pimples under control i would use

Cetaphil - but i don't know which one to get because there are so many products!

If this isn't a acne-prevent product, what is that wouldn't get my skin so dry?

and what should to keep my red marks under control since my dermatologist said that i can't use retin A anymore?

Thanks in advance :)

I don't know why your derm thinks Retin-A would mess you up, if anything, you've built up a tolerance for it and would probably do more good than bad.

I use http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...p;id=prod351435

It might seem drying but is really the "gentle" beast of the bunch.

As for red marks. When I got off tane, I started a year battle with these buggers. I still have them but I've gotten smarter about what to do. I recently started using Bio Oil, which is pretty amazing. My red marks are really fading and its been a week. Another product I was using which helped fight acne and fade red marks is Aqua Glycolic. I found it to be very helpful, check out the thread about to get others views. I would also try to find something and stick to it. I did more damage to my face switching between products and irritating it more than I ever should have. Those were the two products I found to help. Bio makes a great moisturizer and Aqua a great cleanser.