Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
under

Omega 3 fatty acid

I went out today and decided to buy some Omega 3 fatty acid capsules, but they are all contain gelatin (pork or bovine) are there any gelatin free or fish gelatin. I have searched and they are mostly only sold in U.K shipping to U.S/Canada is an arm and a leg. Also the liquid Omega 3 is very xpensive as well 200ml for $20....Help Please

I researched some facts on Flax and it turns out its as good as Fish oil, except that the EPA and DHA might not be absorbed proper because it has to be broken into those forms. So I'll just take a little more (stupid or not my logic is clear...maybe)

What do you think?

Flaxseed oil is pretty inexpensive and contains all the omega oils, 3 6 and 9 :)

be careful, flax is very calorie loaded, so you may need to watch what you eat while taking flax seed :)

It contains 3, 6, and 9 I only want 3. I get enough from 6 as it is. The issue I have is its in the form of LNA which has to be broken down, so I never know exactly how much fish oil I'm getting. Check out how it breaks down in the body. https://www.innatechoice.com/images/omega3facts.gif

Update the one I bought for $20 contains in every 5 ml 800mg of EPA and 500mg of FHA, I have to take 10ml ans the bottle is 200lm. Compared to softgel pills ($9.99 for 180 pills) which contain 300ml of EPA and DHA in each pill you would have to take approx 9 pills to equal what I have in liquid form. Not bad about the same price - all that gelatin oh and I got a discount so make that 18 +taxes.

Forget the flax I might just stick with this...Maybe....Give my your $0.02 about this matter.

Flax isn't as good as fish oil in terms of omega-3s, as it contains ALA. Only 15% of ALA can be changed into EPA and DHA in the body, and those two are the ones that are really beneficial for acne. ALA is an essential fatty acid of course, but I just get it through diet with vegetables, seeds, and nuts.

I usually only eat once a day so I take 2 tsps which is approx 10ml (3.2g) of fish oil after the meal. Is that ok..All at once?

One more then normal size meal at 6 pm and I'm good till 10pm so I will eat anything the fridge (carrots, apples, cake) in moderation of course. Also Omega 6 is one of the contributing causes of acne isn't it, its the so called bad fat.

In moderation and as long as your getting some omega 3's, then omega 6's are fine. What I was trying to say is that is plenty of omega 3's in comparison to the amount of 6's ur getting from only one meal a day.