Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noremac

awesome. i've developed APD...

Sounds like a fancy term for "shyness" and "low self-esteem". Everyone's crazy nowadays :rolleyes::D

If you see a negative trend in yourself, once you've identified it you can take steps to correct it or improve in those areas. A lot of that sounds like me too, or used to, but I don't think I have or have had any disorder. Sometimes I feel like these terms are cop-outs for some people. Like they excuse it as a condition instead of admitting it's a flaw they can control. I used to do that with my shyness (& sometimes still do), but no one cares and it gets you nowhere, so you have to be the one to change.

Sounds like a fancy term for "shyness" and "low self-esteem". Everyone's crazy nowadays :rolleyes: :D

If you see a negative trend in yourself, once you've identified it you can take steps to correct it or improve in those areas. A lot of that sounds like me too, or used to, but I don't think I have or have had any disorder. Sometimes I feel like these terms are cop-outs for some people. Like they excuse it as a condition instead of admitting it's a flaw they can control. I used to do that with my shyness (& sometimes still do), but no one cares and it gets you nowhere, so you have to be the one to change.

i agree fully. i realize all these things about myself, and am in the process of changing what i don't like. have been for a while now, but fuck on a pony, it's hard as hell.

example: i rode the bus yesterday and my heart beat ridiculously fast, almost blacked out. i don't know why, i was just riding the bus...

Yeah like someone says it could just be low self esteem

Sometimes I'm aweful in social situations. Like for example, yesterday just waiting in line to buy some things in the shop my heart just got ridiculously fast and I felt extremely anxious, like the whole of the shop were staring at my skin. Where in other times I just simply don't care

i agree fully. i realize all these things about myself, and am in the process of changing what i don't like. have been for a while now, but fuck on a pony, it's hard as hell.

you're right it IS hard as hell but congrats to you for keeping up the good fight, you have more strength than you probaby know!

example: i rode the bus yesterday and my heart beat ridiculously fast, almost blacked out. i don't know why, i was just riding the bus...

what you're describing is a rather severe panic attack. if they keep up i WOULD see a doctor as they can really impair your ability to do thing, especially if you wind up passing out in a public place....TRUST ME ON THIS ONE

me too

my nose is really itchy, sweating like a faucet and i am gasping for air when i am anxious especially if im near with a group of punk kids

Anxiety disorder (what you described) is treatable with counseling and/or medication. Go get it treated before it begins to further interfere with your daily life and functioning.

can i get a drug for anxiety even without consulting for a professional help

Not legally. And why would you ever think of self-medicating when you don't know for sure what you have? Get professional help. One who will diagnose you and determine what you need.

can i get a drug for anxiety even without consulting for a professional help

Not legally. And why would you ever think of self-medicating when you don't know for sure what you have? Get professional help. One who will diagnose you and determine what you need.

you beat me to it Wynne ;)

hey man...u have anxiety disorder..that definition u had is just a more defined look at it.

I have been dealing with it for about 4 years and have finally discovered a cure from a new friend I met from Taiwan. He introduced me to meditation. You may think it is silly, but trust me, if you want to get ebtter you will read my post that I will be writing soon, explaining in detail of what to do. It does take time, but you have to trust me, and trust yourself. I am here to help.

The American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines avoidant personality disorder as a "pervasive pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, and hypersensitivity to negative evaluation, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

Avoids occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact, because of fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection

Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked

Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed or ridiculed or rejected

Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations

Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy

Views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others

Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing

Avoidant personality disorder is often confused with antisocial personality disorder; clinically the term 'anti-social' denotes sociopathy, not social inhibitions.

holy shit on a butter fork, i have all of these symptoms, ALL of them... :(

It sounds like thats what I have to! I'm like that even when I don't have acne. It was much worse when I did have acne though. I definatly consider myself a loner. I am very antisocial and I only talk to people when I have to. The only people I feel comfortable around are my family, my boyfriend and a couple friends. It's hard to function on a daily basis. I don't really care what people think about me but I feel like I'm always trying to avoid drama or confrontation with people. I have horrible anxiety and I'm always afraid someone is gonna piss me off and I will flip out and end up hurting someone! My boyfriend gets annoyed with me cause I don't want to socialize that much with other people. I try to explain to him but he just doesn't get it!!! How to you guys explain this to people you know? I've been having problems with depression and anxiety for a long time and I basically give up because I just feel like no one understands. I feel like I am from another planet.

Can anyone say, "Dude that is so me!"? I don't get anxiety attacks, or anything. I just feel the need to avoid people. It's why I could never live in a small town; imagine walking down the block and you know everyone? What a nightmare! Give me a city, with multitudes of anonymous people any day!

I think it also just seems like a fancy name for a group of issues. I've read up on APD, I use to fit the descript perfectly, however I have to put most of the blame on acne, scars, and how I percieve them, which is one reason why I can be a huge avoider. Plus, the downer feelings are somewhat common during my age. I don't see it as a credible disorder (but that is only my opinion, seeing as how everything is a disorder now).

It's really a life killer. I mean look at me posting here on a friday night. However this is actually because I didn't make plans and now it's too late :doh: