Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scotties32

URGENT quick question!!

Ok. So I have been taking Tetracycline for 1 month..the first 4 days my skin cleared up beautifuly..I was so happy! I finally got a taste of what it was like to have clear skin again..Then one day i got 2 new white heads..and slowly my skin went back to the way it used to be. I was really upset..So now my doctor prescribed my 50mg (once of a day) of Minocycline. I want to get the ball rolling and take my first one today..however I took one tetracycline at 7:00am today. Do you think it would be safe to take a minocycline tonight?

They are very similar drugs, but I'd take the Mino. tomorrow. Yes, Mino is awesome. What I would ask your Derm. is if you could take for a little longer this time and then taper off slowly. I took Mino. for 2-3 months and it worked like a charm (had mild acne) after a few weeks. But when I quit, it came back. Tapering off may have been better. Also, FYI, if you find Mino. makes you a little tired/dizzy take it with your dinner and then you know a few hours later you're going to bed. When I took it in the morning with breakfast, I'd be all tired at work and the rest of the day. My Derm. said taking it with a meal (but any meal) is fine and I decided to take at dinner instead. I'm on Accutane now (just ending) and my face is sooo smooth and pores clear. So if Mino. doesn't nip it in the bud for you, you could think about Accutane.

Good luck.

Yvette