Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleyms

I feel like stopping the reg..

I've been on it for almost a month. While I do seem to be a bit clearer, the red marks on my chin just won't fade. But that;s not the least of my problems. I have rosacea and it just seems like it's so much worse. I overheat a little tiny bit and I'm left with red cheeks and nose and jaw that doesn't fade for hours. I used to have pretty darn good skin earlier this year and I almost feel like going back to what I used to use. Then, I had virtually no clogged pores, I barely flushed, I did get pimples but occasionally - if i was stressed or depressed and around TOTM. I ended up changing my regimen a little bit and then i moved to Maine. I started working at a chinese restaurant, and i think the combination of fried foods and going into the greasy-aired kitchen started giving me all those pimples on my chin (I never used to get pimples on my chin-ever). Anyway, this is my old regimen:

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser

PC 2% BHA Liquid all over

SkinBiology Copper Peptide Serum all over (Night only)

SkinBiology Emu Oil all over

What do you all think? Should I try my old reg again? The thing that bothers me the most is my rosacea..

Do what works. That's what I say. One month isn't really enough to tell if a regimen is working for you, though.

I might suggest, if you're having problems with inflammatory acne on your chin only, then you might consider doing the Regimen on that part only and your other regimen on the rest. That might take care of both the inflammatory acne and the rosacea problems.

Also, if you're noticing that you're flare-ups are around that TOTM, you might try ibuprofen (like Aleve). I believe that LionQueen has a thread about the details of that approach somewhere.

Good luck!

Cam >B)

I AM JUST WONDERINNG HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN USING DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION FOR BECAUSE IT MADE MY SKIN TERRIBLE? I THOUGHT I WAS TAKING IT OFF AT NIGHT, CLEANSING AND TONING BUT IT WASN'T UTIL I PUT SOME STRONGER ASTRINGENT FROM THE DRS ON SOME COTTON WOOL AND DABBED IT ON MY FACE THAT I NOTICED MY MAKE UP WAS STILL ON!!!

You may be getting on with it but just a thought as I had an awful exp using DW (I know it's non pore clogging and oil free but i'd not let it within an inch of my skin ever again xx

I've been on it for almost a month. While I do seem to be a bit clearer, the red marks on my chin just won't fade. But that;s not the least of my problems. I have rosacea and it just seems like it's so much worse. I overheat a little tiny bit and I'm left with red cheeks and nose and jaw that doesn't fade for hours. I used to have pretty darn good skin earlier this year and I almost feel like going back to what I used to use. Then, I had virtually no clogged pores, I barely flushed, I did get pimples but occasionally - if i was stressed or depressed and around TOTM. I ended up changing my regimen a little bit and then i moved to Maine. I started working at a chinese restaurant, and i think the combination of fried foods and going into the greasy-aired kitchen started giving me all those pimples on my chin (I never used to get pimples on my chin-ever). Anyway, this is my old regimen:

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser

PC 2% BHA Liquid all over

SkinBiology Copper Peptide Serum all over (Night only)

SkinBiology Emu Oil all over

What do you all think? Should I try my old reg again? The thing that bothers me the most is my rosacea..

I AM JUST WONDERINNG HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN USING DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION FOR BECAUSE IT MADE MY SKIN TERRIBLE? I THOUGHT I WAS TAKING IT OFF AT NIGHT, CLEANSING AND TONING BUT IT WASN'T UTIL I PUT SOME STRONGER ASTRINGENT FROM THE DRS ON SOME COTTON WOOL AND DABBED IT ON MY FACE THAT I NOTICED MY MAKE UP WAS STILL ON!!!

You may be getting on with it but just a thought as I had an awful exp using DW (I know it's non pore clogging and oil free but i'd not let it within an inch of my skin ever again xx

In that case ignore that... have you tried looking at your diet as some foods can irritate it?

Again just a suggestion.Also i'd follow your instincts with what you think suits you from what you've tried

On the chin thing-unfortunately working in hot, humid areas with oils or greasy food is known to trigger spots/acne

:angel: