Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne21

Sleeping early helps?

Hi Im not new here, I just never signed up. Ive been doing alot of research around this website and many of you say that getting enough sleep is good for you period. So that means it should help(heal quicker, reduce) with the acne right? My question here is do you guys notice you feel better and look better when you keep to a schedule. Like lets say sleeping at 9:30 everyday.

Well here is a little back ground about me. I was clear through out my high school years. When i entered college I started getting maybe one or two pimple. It started to get worst as months passed on because I did not know how to take care of my skin. I mean I washed more than 4 times a day, scrubed my face till the pimples bleed, picked at my pimples, used alot of harsh chemicals. Thanks to many many many hours of reseach and this website it has reduced up to 75 percent. Thank God just one or two small scars. Now I do not even touch my face except for washing, which I do twice a day morning and before bed time. Ok Im ranting on :surprised: ill just leave it at this. thank you all in advance for responding to my post

well, im 22 and have had acne since 15ish. I'm a terrible sleeper. I always try to get to bed early but canNOT fall asleep until between 12:30 and 3 and some days i either wake at 6:30 for work or 8:30 for school and on weekends i cant help but sleep til bt 10am and 12. I'm thinking these late sleeping days screw me up but its been like this (with some differences) for years. Ive been trying extra hard to get this down lately, and if i do ill report on how it affects my acne.

p.s.- i also have to eat every 2-3 hrs so when im laying there for a few hours tryin 2 sleep and my stomache starts hurting and growling, i have to eat, and i know this duznt help one bit.

I've never been able to establish any sort of sleep routine. I naturally lean towards nocturnal. I've had acne since around 10, I think. I know I started rx acne meds before 12.

I've always been a good sleeper and tried to keep a good sleep schedule, except for when I used to work night shift.

I don't know if it's ever made any difference, but I still have acne prone skin, despite sleeping around 8 hours each night.

I've always been a good sleeper and tried to keep a good sleep schedule, except for when I used to work night shift.

I don't know if it's ever made any difference, but I still have acne prone skin, despite sleeping around 8 hours each night.

I think it would probably be a little worse if you had a bad sleeping schedule. Sleep is very important for proper healing and functioning of the body. So keep up with the sleep :D !

I've read that exercise helps as well b/c it brings more oxygen to the surface etc...

My brother who use to have acne told me that excerising keeps his acne away. I use to workout and play alot of basketball in hs...college came and i stopped...maybe that might be a factor?

Sleeping early helps the skin on your face to relax more and calmly, because through out the day your so busy doing many other things, so its best for everyone to sleep on a regular time and have at least 8 hours of sleep and it absolutely works so well.

I think it mainly helps because the longer you sleep, it means you don't pick and can keep your hands off of your face.

Sleeping is when regeneration, growth and maintenance of body cells take place. You grow taller in you sleep. You gain muscle mass in your sleep. So your skin is repaired in you sleep. Having a good sleeping habit means your body regenerates more effectively. The duration of sleep should maximize the amount of REM stages, which is about 8 hours for teens.

melatonin is an anti inflammatory.

good sleep will help and the release of melatonin is triggered by darkness.

our bodys are tuned to thousands of years of rythyms to the sun, so the darker it is in your room for the full length of sleep time, the better sleep you should get.