Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starfish13

Dry, flaky skin on the regimen

Hey everyone. I have been using the regimen for about 2 weeks now, and it very recently started snowing and got reeeally cold where I live so of course my skin is drier than normal, but the dkr lotion doesn't seem to be enough to moisturize my face. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll apply makeup and in about an hour it flakes through the makeup and looks horrible. What should I do about this?

Yep, this is a very very common problem. You need to beef up your moisturizing process, basically, and also protect your face from the cold by wearing mufflers/scarves when outside. I've found jojoba oil to be immensely helpful in this. I apply about 6 drops of it all over my face after I cleanse, and then I apply BP on top of that followed by moisturizer as normal. It makes a nice protective moisturizing barrier for my skin, and I don't feel as tight in my face after BP dries. For another way to use jojoba oil to get rid of flakes, see the second link in my signature. You can get jojoba oil at places like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and small local health/organic/co-op type stores, as well as online. Also, don't be afraid to reapply moisturizer to problem dry areas (for me, the area around my mouth and between my eyebrows) throughout the day.