Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lostit00

my scalp and skin itches when in the sun

well i dont exercise much, but say when i do a really brisk walk or when im in the sun for a longer period of time, my scalp and those sensitive parts of my skin will start to have this itch. it coincides with the beginning of my body having some tiny sweat. but after a while, say.. 30mins in the sun, it's no problem anymore. tis happens even if i had just showered, washed my hair and washed my face. i find it very strange

That happens to me, too, except mine keeps worsening with more exposure. It ends up feeling like a cross between poison ivy and bee stings. :( I don't know what it is. I'm going to ask my doc next time I see him. It really messes with my life having to stay in deep air conditioning, move slowly at all times, and not exercise, specifically the not exercising part.

well i dont exercise much, but say when i do a really brisk walk or when im in the sun for a longer period of time, my scalp and those sensitive parts of my skin will start to have this itch. it coincides with the beginning of my body having some tiny sweat. but after a while, say.. 30mins in the sun, it's no problem anymore. tis happens even if i had just showered, washed my hair and washed my face. i find it very strange

Itching has many causes, some relatively short lived and benign, like itching from contact with poison ivy, and some more serious, such as as cancer or liver disease. If you have any itching conditions you should always have them evaluated by a doctor.

Itching may be caused by a variety of conditions including:

Fungal infections, such as vaginal infections and athlete's foot

Candiasis / other types of yeast overgrowth

Mold allergies

Vitamin A over load

Pregnancy - thought to be due to excess estrogen levels

Chemical irritation

Plant irritations like poison ivy and poison oak

Dust and pollen allergies

Just about every known disease of the liver

The one common link in many of the conditions that cause itching is that a significant number all seem to relate to functions of the liver. In fact, prolonged itching of the skin is a major sign of liver disease.

Among its many functions, the liver is responsible for:

Cleansing the body of toxic substances, parasites, fungi, yeast, mold and other unwanted microscopic life forms

Detoxifying and eliminating chemicals, poisons and other toxins

Metabolizing estrogen

Controlling blood sugar

Storage of nutrients, including vitamin A

I am not saying you may have liver disease or anything like that-but it would be a good idea to get yourself checked by your doctor just to be safe, it could just be allergies that your body react to. Hope this helped.

That reply wasn't meant for me, but I think mine is an allergy issue of some sort. I've had a few clean liver panels since I've had this problem. That's interesting, though, I didn't know itching was often a sign of liver troubles.

this may or may not be your case. but when i first started using BP this was happening. then just all of a sudden i had to stop using it because after a week or so of that happening i woke up one morning and looked like a total freak. my eyes and jawline was soooo swollen that i could barely open my eyes. i itched like CRAZY and my face had red splotches. if you havent been using BP for long, it could be something similar to what i had. be careful.