Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fear is the MindKiller

Do I wash after I Apply Benzoyl Peroxide?

I bought a neutrogena 3.5% BP product that is both a cleanser and mask. Its all I could find at the store. It says to wash the BP cream off after 5 minutes.

Well last night I used BP Cream and then put moisturizer on. And I have a big goup of white stuff all over my face:(

I can't do this in the morning but I guess its ok at night. My pillow will get its face cleaned as well with all the crap I have on.

If it's a wash-off type, it should be washed off. Look around a bit more and look for the Neutrogena on the spot. That's an excellent 2.5% BP that Dan recommends and it's in most local US drugstores.

I like your username. Bene Gesserit in training? :D

Dune nerds! :P

I would avoid using a washoff/mask type BP since you don't want it on your face for a long time or else it's really disgusting, but then it's also not as effective as a leave-on treatment. Like Wynne said, try to find Neutrogena On-the-Spot. It's quite widely available, so you shouldn't have to check very many drugstores to find it. Target/Walmart type stores should carry it as well. When you use a normal leave-on BP cream or gel, the regimen procedure is basically cleanse, wait, apply BP, wait, moisturize.