Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

What I tried didn't work..

So.. because of my situation, my social life became barren and depleted, so I tried taking on the role as a 'badass loner' as you see in movies/anime. I did this for about 6 months or so (well, since beginning of my senior year). End result? Didn't work. Everyone sees me as some quiet anti-social weirdo.. but not cool at all! :wall:

So yeah, don't try doing this. Put yourself out there, and keep your social life as best as possible, because its HELL trying to reclaim it back.

How exactly does one portray oneself as a "badass loner" im curious. Please tell me you didnt wear a trench coat :naughty:

How exactly does one portray oneself as a "badass loner" im curious. Please tell me you didnt wear a trench coat :naughty:

Guest Renelle

the blurb you wrote under the topic made me laugh! its true. i tried to get into anime a couple years ago...not really my style, but i bought three Fruits Baskets! haha

So.. because of my situation, my social life became barren and depleted, so I tried taking on the role as a 'badass loner' as you see in movies/anime. I did this for about 6 months or so (well, since beginning of my senior year). End result? Didn't work. Everyone sees me as some quiet anti-social weirdo.. but not cool at all! :wall:

So yeah, don't try doing this. Put yourself out there, and keep your social life as best as possible, because its HELL trying to reclaim it back.

So.. because of my situation, my social life became barren and depleted, so I tried taking on the role as a 'badass loner' as you see in movies/anime.

independant is whats cool like basing your life philosophy and attitude on your own experiances, loner for the sake of going against the grain is just mindless.

its like your being different by being different and have no reasons for it, you can be different because you actually ARE different by nature, like you just being you and being perfectly ok with it, you know very self accepting of your own differences from everyone and not being ashamed. then you wouldnt have to change into a loner badass and back to something else, you could just be you and be proud of it, because its a free fucking country. I thinks thats what you are really going for, you are just misinterpreting the film image.

the blurb you wrote under the topic made me laugh! its true. i tried to get into anime a couple years ago...not really my style, but i bought three Fruits Baskets! haha

Ha ha, i ALWAYS used to try and give that look when ever i went to bars. Stand at the counter looking like a tortured soul, mournfully sipping Jack Daniels from the glass, slowly turning and glare nonchantly whenever someone tried talking to me. In my opinion, i pulled it off very well as noone would speak to me after a while :cool:

If you act like a loner, people think you want to be alone, so they leave you alone. If you don't want to be alone, then send signals that you are open to people.

I don't know why it took me so long to grasp that simple concept. It's very self-centered to think that people will be studying you & fascinated by how mysterious you are. Trying to make other people feel comfortable with a smile & a few words makes you far more appealing & interesting.

You can still be into "different" things, be independent, confident when you are alone, and not necessarily an open book without pushing people away.

If you act like a loner, people think you want to be alone, so they leave you alone. If you don't want to be alone, then send signals that you are open to people.

I don't know why it took me so long to grasp that simple concept. It's very self-centered to think that people will be studying you & fascinated by how mysterious you are. Trying to make other people feel comfortable with a smile & a few words makes you far more appealing & interesting.

You can still be into "different" things, be independent, confident when you are alone, and not necessarily an open book without pushing people away.

The reason badass loners are attractive in only anime is because its usually only badass loners who are into anime.

The reason badass loners are attractive in only anime is because its usually only badass loners who are into anime.

HAHAHAHA @ anime watchers being "badass loners."

More like "pathetic nerds at the very bottom of the social ladder, right under down syndrome sufferers."

People say I look all "mysterious" looking because I'm always quiet. I mean I have friends and all but I always seem spaced out like I'm always just wandering around alone......but people always seem to want to talk to me even though I'm not that social so....yah

People say I look all "mysterious" looking because I'm always quiet. I mean I have friends and all but I always seem spaced out like I'm always just wandering around alone......but people always seem to want to talk to me even though I'm not that social so....yah

Guest Renelle
Sesshoumaru lol.

Yeah Sesshoumaru-sama was tight, he was hot though. Great skin and superb features, also tall and graceful. Kagome and everyone of course had flawless skin and perfect figures. Why can't they make animes of people with ugly skin! Haha...of course no one would watch. I wish I were an anime character with that skin and those features and figures.

:lol: oh gosh i almost loled for real

Hey you flamer, quit trying to act cool, you're on an effing acne forum. Granted a lot of anime watchers and clubbers are dorks but why flame