Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allieg

regimen while on accutane??

I was wondering if I should keep the same regimen when I go on accutane. Right now I use neutrogena oil free face wash morning and night, bp at night, cetaphil moisturizer in the morning, clay mask twice a week, and thinking about using aloe vera and baby brush. Will this be too harsh for my skin once I go on accutane?

I was wondering if I should keep the same regimen when I go on accutane. Right now I use neutrogena oil free face wash morning and night, bp at night, cetaphil moisturizer in the morning, clay mask twice a week, and thinking about using aloe vera and baby brush. Will this be too harsh for my skin once I go on accutane?

Avoid the BP, clay mask, and brush. Anything abrasive is bad bad bad.

You'll see first hand once you're on Accutane. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to force yourself to continue to use the BP because it would burn so bad you'd be screaming. Just use a mild cleanser and moisturizer and you should be fine, unless otherwise told by your doctor. (I use cetaphil for both cleanser and moisturizing)

if it's a low dose, using small amounts of bp on the initial breakout was fine with me. 40mg/day

but basically only face wash twice a day and moisturizer, thats it.

You might also think about switching to the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser, which works great but is mild enough to take off eye makeup with. The Oil Free wash has salicylic acid, which might irritate your skin.