Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPizzle

what does the derm subscribe for redness

hopefully going to the derm soon. just wondering what he applies for your redness and how long does it take to go into effect?

thank you

If its a red rash type of thing....my derm prescribes bactroban ointment...during the day I use the cream but at night time I use the ointment..also another thing a person could try is Advanced Night Repair Serum by Estee Lauder..I apply it before my moisturizer...

If its a red rash type of thing....my derm prescribes bactroban ointment...during the day I use the cream but at night time I use the ointment..also another thing a person could try is Advanced Night Repair Serum by Estee Lauder..I apply it before my moisturizer...

does it work fast?

Hi -

It depends on what the redness/rash is - dermatitis, excema, seborrhea, rosacea, etc. There are many different topicals and antibiotics for each situation. Your Derm. will know when they examine it and ask you a few questions.

Good luck.

just got a moisturizer from my derm. not sure if i should use it on my redness. its called neutrogena sp45. help please.

just got a moisturizer from my derm. not sure if i should use it on my redness. its called neutrogena sp45. help please.

Hi. I merged all your redness related posts together.

To answer your question: yes, you should use the moisturizer your derm gave you/suggested you use. ...Why wouldn't you?

Your derm appears to think (judging by what's recommended) that your redness is due to either dryness or some form of irritation. A moisturizer will help both of those.

Another thing you can do at night when and if you don't use the Neutrogena with SPF 45, is use a very thin film of vaseline petrolatum jelly on your reddened areas (not just the red parts, but the adjacent areas, too). That will help protect your skin and help with inflammation and dryness.

Washing with warm (not hot) water will also help red skin. A final cool water splash will also help the redness.