Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Week Three

Really depressed right now. I'm breaking out on my left cheek [usually very clear] and I feel hopeless.

And practically everyone I see has perfect skin.

Cried this morning too. Great.

Have you checked the ingredients for the other products you are using? I would check them to make sure there are no comedogenic ingredients. Isn't the Astral Cream also a body lotion? I am always iffy on using body creams for the face - they are usually too heavy or thick for facial use.

That need to be perfect carries over to every aspect of your/my/our lives. Someday we may have healthy, healed, and maybe beautiful skin, but it will never be "perfect". And somehow, you/me/we will work through that too!

Yes, I am somewhat of a perfectionist!

Thankyou for your kind words <3

Week Three

Really depressed right now. I'm breaking out on my left cheek [usually very clear] and I feel hopeless.

And practically everyone I see has perfect skin.

Cried this morning too. Great.

Have you checked the ingredients for the other products you are using? I would check them to make sure there are no comedogenic ingredients. Isn't the Astral Cream also a body lotion? I am always iffy on using body creams for the face - they are usually too heavy or thick for facial use.

Yes, it is a body lotion. But [and I know it sounds CRAZY] but because its been around for, pretty much ever it wouldn't do me as much harm as newer moisturisers with more pore clogging ingredients. It sounds like an odd thought but it makes sense to me.....!

Thankyou for your reply :)

Week Three

This morning seems slightly better.

I'm hoping it could either be a)hormonal [my body isn't capable of having the ol' "monthly visitor" at the moment because of my weight but this is the time I usually use to have them] or b) because I was too lazy to take off my makeup the other day and had an afternoon nap and slept on my hand on that side of my face.....

My face stings still after the Finacea but probably because I am applying a little more.

I definitely don't mean to belittle your problems, but I wish all I add to worry about were red marks and mild acne. :P I think you're on the right track -- Finacea may take a few weeks to kick in, but when it does, it should help both the acne and the red marks. Best of luck... I know it's tough going through this, but trust me, most people do actually have skin problems. I was surprised when I found out how many of my friends wore concealer daily. And the ones that don't still had acne and red marks once in a while, so you are not alone. You'll get this under control - this is just the hard part. :) All the best!

^ Oh, I know that my skin problems aren't half as bad as they could be. I read your log this morning and felt grateful that mine don't affect my life [like sleeping etc] as yours do. I guess I just can't help feeling that because they are my skin problems, they are the worst!

And you're quite lucky that you can wear makeup without it making your acne worse. If I even put just powder on my face is broke out with an hour.

Really? That must suck. How do you manage to cover your red marks or do you grin and bear it?

Oh, and thanks for commenting :)

Usually, I just grin and bear it. I'll regret it the next day otherwise.

And as far as moisturizers go, have you thought about that new Clean and Clear Soft? It's supposed to have sunblock and not clog pores. I'm thinking about getting me a bottle.

And you're quite lucky that you can wear makeup without it making your acne worse. If I even put just powder on my face is broke out with an hour.

Really? That must suck. How do you manage to cover your red marks or do you grin and bear it?

Oh, and thanks for commenting :)

Usually, I just grin and bear it. I'll regret it the next day otherwise.

And as far as moisturizers go, have you thought about that new Clean and Clear Soft? It's supposed to have sunblock and not clog pores. I'm thinking about getting me a bottle.

Ah, ya see, you live in the good ol' US of A. I am in poor li'l Britain. We have none of the good products that you get!

Week Three

Used the Avon pads again last night [two nights in a row] and my skin was a lot calmer than it would have been. Plus, I have been kinda ramping up the amount of Finacea I've been using because of this recent outbreak.

Wasn't too traumatised by my skin this morning. Woot.

Am still running with the "foundation mixed with moisturiser" - I don't know if it's helping my skin but it makes my appearance a lot more natural!

well, that's hardly fair at all! You think they would market it worldwide!

well, do they have Loreal bare naturals mineral foundation (that's probably not the correct name, but you get my drift)? My aunt let me try some today, and I have to tell you, it didn't break me out, it's really light, it has SPF 19 AND it covered my acne REALLY well. Just thought I'd pass it on :)

well, do they have Loreal bare naturals mineral foundation (that's probably not the correct name, but you get my drift)? My aunt let me try some today, and I have to tell you, it didn't break me out, it's really light, it has SPF 19 AND it covered my acne REALLY well. Just thought I'd pass it on :)

Really? Is that the powder or the liquid?

Week Four

So, I'm into week four. My skin is certainly far better than it was a month ago. For a start, the awful spots on my chin that were hard, bumpy and very red, have practically disappeared! Woo!

I think my skin is doing better using the Avon pads every day. I'm not sure if some people would say that it is too much for my skin to take using Finacea & glycolic every day but it seems to be coping so far. However, it is rather expensive buying from the Avon site so eBay is the place for getting my supplies of those me thinks!

I'm taking 4200mg of Evening Primrose, 45mg of zinc, a multivitamin and 1200iu of Vitamin E, along with my calcium tablets at the moment. I think taking another EPO capsule helped me get over some of the hormone induced breakouts that I'd been getting this last week or so.

Really? Is that the powder or the liquid?

Definitely the powder. I've got a link to the website on my log, if you'd like to see it.

Week Four

Wow, my skin is dry this morning. Really tight & painful. I was thinking about getting a new moisturiser, possibly one like this and mix it with my foundation as I am currently doing with Astral. However, could this kind of heavy duty moisturiser cause breakouts?

I always have difficulties with moisturisers because they are something that is left on your skin, I am petrified that they will cause more spots.

Hmmm.

Week Four

Yesterday at work, my skin was so dry and flaky that I could see it through my make up.

In regards to actual spots, I seem to have two red bumps between my eyebrows. I probably have about five major spots at the moment that are healing/dormant.

EDIT:

I think I'm going to cut out using the Avon pads for a while. They are probably making my skin more aggravated than it needs to be.

Used the Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream with 5% Urea this morning as well.

Week Four

Feeling really bad about my skin this morning. I've got some huge ol' red & bumpy pimples that won't seem to budge and it feels like an impossible task to ever get clear.

Should I go down to Finacea once a day instead of twice? I just wanted to put on as much as possible so the red marks would go fade but maybe twice a day is too aggravating for my skin at the moment....?

Who knows?!

Finacea can be very harsh at times, so it's possible it's causing irritation. Exactly what kind of irritation are you talking about? Redness, or peeling/flaking, or both? All the best, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Thankyou <3

There is only initial redness after I have applied but that calms after five minutes or so. It is the flakiness/dry skin that is bothering me so much. I'm not talking a little bit of flaking either. It is concentrated mainly around my mouth because that's where I apply the most Finacea.

I thought of you when I just read something on here that may help. If you have aquaphor,

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=10400, or petroleum jelly(vaseline) as a 2nd choice, put a layer of that over your moisturizer before you go to bed, or just around your lips if that is the worse are and as a test. When you get up in the am, and get ready, very gently exfoliate in the shower with a clean wash cloth, baby brush or a new soft tooth brush and see if you can get some of those flakes to go away... the aquaphor is great, and safe enough for babies skin.

When you get up in the am, and get ready, very gently exfoliate in the shower with a clean wash cloth, baby brush or a new soft tooth brush and see if you can get some of those flakes to go away... the aquaphor is great, and safe enough for babies skin.

Yeah, I think I am going to (very gently) use a washcloth to try and exfoliate because they won't disappear just using moisturiser. Thanks for the suggestion! <3

Week Four

The same this morning. Not very happy to be honest. I've got some really red bumps on my skin - they're isolated but they stand out SO much! I might try Sudocrem because I've heard almost all positive reviews....

I am always suggesting things but never carrying them through. I think it is because I am frickin' scared to try new things on my skin......

Sudocrem - just on ONE of the red dots - before bed - try it! I have heard great things too! If it just makes one worse, or one better, what do you have to lose!?

^ Exactly! And I tried it last night!

Week Five

Didn't use Finacea last night. Instead I applied Sudocrem to the worst of the spots. And its definitely taken down the redness! Woot.

I've decided to go for a week or so only using Finacea once a day. The dryness that I am getting from two applications a day is intolerable. I think the flaking is worse than the actual spots I am getting!

So I will apply Finacea at night and Sudocrem over the top [after about 15 minutes] I think this should be okay and won't neutralise the good effects of either....?

In other skin related news, I am wearing the least amount of make up I have ever worn to college today. Dots of concealer over the worst of my red, inflamed spots - NO FOUNDATION! [i may live to regret it] Its because we are getting gorgeously sunny weatherr [such a rarity in England] and I don't want to be all sweaty with my make up on. Plus, with the flakiness? The make up ain't lookin' so good.

^ Exactly! And I tried it last night!

Week Five

Didn't use Finacea last night. Instead I applied Sudocrem to the worst of the spots. And its definitely taken down the redness! Woot.

I've decided to go for a week or so only using Finacea once a day. The dryness that I am getting from two applications a day is intolerable. I think the flaking is worse than the actual spots I am getting!

So I will apply Finacea at night and Sudocrem over the top [after about 15 minutes] I think this should be okay and won't neutralise the good effects of either....?

In other skin related news, I am wearing the least amount of make up I have ever worn to college today. Dots of concealer over the worst of my red, inflamed spots - NO FOUNDATION! Its because we are getting gorgeously sunny weatherr [such a rarity in England] and I don't want to be all sweaty with my make up on. Plus, with the flakiness? The make up ain't lookin' so good.

I love when my skin looks good enough to wear less makeup. Yay! Oh and I know what you mean about makeup on top of flaky skin - it looks worse than acne!

I moisturize on top of my Differin, and it doesn't seem to have any negative impact. Hope your new regimen works for you!

Haha, well I probably should be wearing make up 'cuz my skin isn't looking all that great but I'm tired of it looking bad no matter what I do, so I might as well let it breathe, no?

Week Five

Put Finacea on last night with dots of Sudocrem over the biggest pimples. Definitely calmed them down.

And when I woke up, my skin was far less dry. I think Finacea once a day is the way forward at the moment, at least until my skin recovers from my initial "PUT LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS ON" period!

Concealer, blusher and eye makeup only again today! I felt very self concious yesterday but I can't be bothered with clogging up my skin, only to make it look worse.

Week Five

Feel really, really good at the moment. High, almost. But don't worry, I'm not!

Using Finacea only once a day really seems to be making a difference with my dry skin. Sudocrem is rather good as well!

I'm still doing the minimal make-up/no foundation approach - today, I could see all my red marks quite vividly. But suddenly decided, thought that "Hey, I don't care. I'm happy in my skin. If someone thinks that my skin is bad, that's their problem, not mine."

*grin*

Week Five

Things are going pretty good.

(Woah, jinxed.)

Still ploughing on with the "No Make Up" deal. I think it will benefit my skin in the long run. And funnily enough, at the moment anyway, I think I feel happier/more confident without wearing foundation. Mainly because I am not constantly worrying that either people are thinking that I'm orange, that they can see my makeup marks or that my skin is all flaky.

Yes, my skin is quite scarred and it looks like spots [even though they aren't] I'm still happier.

I have a small pustule near my top lip but nothing to cry about. At least not yet anyway!

Lovin' Sudocrem too!

Now I'm not going to spend so much money on foundation, I'm going to have to buy new eyeliners, mascaras and eye shadows. Life is hard, no?

Are you still using the MAC makeup? I know they say it's non comedogenic, but I found that MAC horribly broke me out. I loved their makeup but it's just waaaay too heavy.

Good luck with your regimine!!

I had to change from MAC because NC15 still made me look orange :/ I loved the coverage but felt quite fake because it was a thick foundation [studio Fix Fluid] I love all the rest of their stuff though [eye shadows, eyeliners etc.]