Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2/04/08

Make up application was a nightmare this morning. I tried mixing some of my moisturiser with my Dior Forever but I used too much of the moisturiser and hence no coverage. I put it on with my fingers [i am so seriously paranoid about that] and then put on concealer, foundation without moisturiser and then concealer again.

I feel so caked up which is the oppposite to how I wanted to be yet none of my marks are covered! I can't wait to get home from college and wash it all off.

My pimple seems to be scabbing over on my chin. The one near my mouth that hurts doesn't hurt quite so much this morning. I put TCP on them last night a few times.

2/04/08

Frick.

I picked at the pimple/scab and I've made it like a zillion times worse.

I am an idiot.

4/04/08

Skin is okay this morning. It seems to be the right side of my face, and most especially my chin that is suffering from acne. I am thinking of asking my mum not to use fabric softener when she washes my pillowcases. I wish I could replace the skin on my chin with that of my pretty much clear cheeks. Life would be a whole lot easier!

The spot that I picked seems to be recovering - I can only hope it won't scar too much.

5/04/08

Woah, have I had a depressing morning. My skin is just awful everywhere.

Totally making a doctors appointment. The thing that stresses me out about any medication is the IB.

I'm wondering whether to buy the Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy cream and to get a different cleanser too. GAH.

6/04/08

Didn't use the serum last night but instead applied some aloe vera in the vain hope that it might help my skin heal.

I am ringing the doctors tomorrow for an appointment about my skin and I want some darn medication. I am not taking no for an answer! It depresses me so much that I frequently cry about the state of my skin. It isn't worth it.

Plus, I can feel a load of new ones forming. Painful ones.

7/04/08

Skin looks horrific this morning.

Huge pustules. AGAIN. Red marks = depressing.

But I have a doctors appointment for this afternoon [totally not getting palmed off with BC]. Fingers crossed :pray:

Day One

Finacea last night itched but not overwhelmingly so. It itched more this morning after I'd put my make up on but nothing unbearable. More like a minor irritation.

I did however, spend the whole day ruing how awful my skin looked. I have about six pus filled spots come to the fore. I know that for a couple of weeks, whatever my skin goes through isn't due to the Finacea but rather what would have happened inevitably anyway.

Day Two

Skin itched again today too. Not too bad but there is a pus filled one right on my lip line. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. It looks fugly. I'm going to leave it as long as humanly possible.

In other news, I feel like cr*p today. Shivering, achy, flu-y. No fun.

Day Three

Less itching. But I've got two new spots and two old ones that are nice and pus-y. Gross.

Otherwise, my skin is a tad dry but I'm reserving all judgment on Finacea until at least a month if not two has passed. Its hard not to dismiss something as soon as it doesn't give you clear skin that very day but I logically know that it won't - I just have to remember to listen to that logic.

Day Three

Less itching. But I've got two new spots and two old ones that are nice and pus-y. Gross.

Otherwise, my skin is a tad dry but I'm reserving all judgment on Finacea until at least a month if not two has passed. Its hard not to dismiss something as soon as it doesn't give you clear skin that very day but I logically know that it won't - I just have to remember to listen to that logic.

Definitely give it at least 6-8 wks before you decide if it is working or not. It takes about that amount of time for pimples to form - so the breakouts you are getting today started forming at least a month ago. The Finacea should start helping reduce inflamation and helping spots heal faster. I have been using Finacea for about 9 months now and I am getting great results!

Definitely give it at least 6-8 wks before you decide if it is working or not. It takes about that amount of time for pimples to form - so the breakouts you are getting today started forming at least a month ago. The Finacea should start helping reduce inflamation and helping spots heal faster. I have been using Finacea for about 9 months now and I am getting great results!

Thanks for the advice Willow. I have to admit that the spots aren't hanging around too long at all.

Yes, I'm definitely going to have to wait 6-8 weeks which could be hard as patience isn't a virtue I possess when it comes to my skin!

Day Four

Bit sting-y when I'd taken off my make up but nothing too bad - weird though, seeing as I didn't actually apply any - I'd just washed off my make up and that was it.

My skin is getting rather dry. I would use my Eucerin but I am petrified of ruining the good works of Finacea by using a bad moisturiser that will clog my skin.

Day Five

Far less irritation today. Although skin is very dry & flaky so tonight I'm going to try my Eucerin moisturiser. Fingers crossed that it doesn't undo any of the good work by Finacea.

Day Seven

Much improved after just ONE week. I woke up with one big whitehead [which I popped, yes, I know, bad Lauren] but everything is far better than a week ago. Although I am having make up issues i.e. because my skin is so dry the foundation looks awful and secondly, I can't find one pale enough for my skin.

Weirdly, the foundation seems to make my marks more obvious. I'm using DiorForever which cost me a bomb. So it seems not even money can give me a good foundation coverage!

Week Two

Making an effort not to wear as much make up. Today, I'm wearing MAC Studio Finish Concealer and some GOSH powder. It doesn't cover all my red marks but even when I cake on loads, it doesn't anyway so I might as well wear less, no?

Finacea is going well. A few minor bumps coming up but a) they are probably from aaaaages ago, and b) they're nothing compared to what I was getting only a few weeks ago.

Red marks are definitely better on my chin - I have a shower and they don't look beetroot red afterwards. At the moment, this is the best thing I've used with my skin. Only time will tell as to whether it's my acne solution, but at the moment, its keeping everything at bay <3

Week Two

Hmm.

"Keeping things at bay" may have been slightly premature. I seem to have several buggers deciding to pop up. Including a rather painful, rather large bump on my forehead.

I can't help feeling a tad disappointed.

My face wasn't at all great this morning.

Week Two

Making an effort not to wear as much make up. Today, I'm wearing MAC Studio Finish Concealer and some GOSH powder. It doesn't cover all my red marks but even when I cake on loads, it doesn't anyway so I might as well wear less, no?

Finacea is going well. A few minor bumps coming up but a) they are probably from aaaaages ago, and b) they're nothing compared to what I was getting only a few weeks ago.

Red marks are definitely better on my chin - I have a shower and they don't look beetroot red afterwards. At the moment, this is the best thing I've used with my skin. Only time will tell as to whether it's my acne solution, but at the moment, its keeping everything at bay <3

I've had the same mentality recently with makeup. Caking on the concealer and foundation just makes my skin look ... cakey (duh). So for the past week or so I have just put a little bit of foundation on my fingers, dabbed it all over my face and gently smoothed it in. A little bit of loose powder over that. My spots aren't covered, but my skin looks smoother and more even. I think I look 100% better when I wear less makeup.

I think that if I just accept the fact that I will either have a) cake-y face & red marks covered 75% or b) more natural but marks covered 45%. At the moment, I'm going for option B, purely because I feel more comfortable that people aren't going to notice my foundation collecting in my pores or that it looks slightly orange!

Week Two

Used Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturising Peel pad last night. Stung far more than the last time I used them. And the Finacea itched a little more too but I can live with it as it faded after about 10/15 minutes. And it wasn't an itching, more of a tingly sensation I guess. Nothing painful though.

Got two bumpy red ones coming up - the one on my forehead and one about 1.5 cm above my mouth. Came out of nowhere as well.

Week Two

One on my cheek/mouth area is really bothering me. Came up as a huge pus filled head this morning. It really hurts.

Felt like I looked awful today. I wore DiorSkin because I had work but I tried not to smother my face in it too much.

Going to use my Avon pads again tonight. Was so tempted to use them every day (despite product directions) but I don't want to mess my skin up because I'm using too many harsh items.

Week Two

Today....

Make up? Looked awful. Obvious. And I was orange :/

Dry skin? Visibly flaky. Almost painful. All around my mouth area.

Acne Nothing new. I'd say I have four active.

Bought some Astral moisturising cream today. Petrified of using it as worried there may be breakouts galore when I wake up tomorrow.

I just hate trying to figure out what products to buy, especially when I haven't done any research on MUA beforehand. And even then, what works for one person could be abysmal for another. I hate that your skin is such a trial and error process!

I want to tone down how much of my foundation I use but each time I set aside a day to go without makeup, I remember (and see in the mirror) that, duh, I have awful red marks. One of my friends goes make up free. I wish I could be like that. She says that I just need to make the jump but I really don't think I can. I like the blusher, eye shadow etc. its just the foundation and concealer that clog up my pores I hate!

Sorry, I'm just having a bit of a bad day skin wise.

Week Three

The spot (or should I say "huge growth"?!) on my forehead really hurts. I might ice it tonight and put some aspirin on it to soothe the inflammation.

Woke up with two minor whiteheads; one on my chin and one very near my hairline.

Since my last post, I have been mixing my new moisturiser with one pump of DiorForever foundation. There isn't as much coverage but I feel far more natural and "clogged". I've been doing it for the past two days and this morning. Which is two days more than I thought before I tried it! I just have to come to terms with the fact that neither way will my red marks be covered flawlessly so I'd rather go with the option that provides me with less of an "orange" tone to my skin!

Still really dry. I'm just unsure as to how much moisturiser to apply and whether it'll clog my pores and counteract with the Finacea.

hey!

Thanks for replying on my regimen log. I'll post pics when I can, but I'm not sure if I'm having a set back or not right now. You know how it goes...

As far as how much moisturizer to apply to prevent counteracting acne medicine, I've never quite figured that out. I've got to find some sunblock that won't clog pores now, as sun exposure has proven the enemy.

And you're quite lucky that you can wear makeup without it making your acne worse. If I even put just powder on my face is broke out with an hour.

And you're quite lucky that you can wear makeup without it making your acne worse. If I even put just powder on my face is broke out with an hour.

Really? That must suck. How do you manage to cover your red marks or do you grin and bear it?

Oh, and thanks for commenting :)

Week Three

Really depressed right now. I'm breaking out on my left cheek [usually very clear] and I feel hopeless.

And practically everyone I see has perfect skin.

Cried this morning too. Great.

I'm sorry - hang in there!

I know it seems like the rest of the world has perfect skin, but that is so far from true, it just seems that way. If you think about it in the past with your eating disorder, I bet in your eye, so many people were more fit, thin or looked better in their clothes than you did! The picture we have of ourselves isn't what everyone else sees...

That need to be perfect carries over to every aspect of your/my/our lives. Someday we may have healthy, healed, and maybe beautiful skin, but it will never be "perfect". And somehow, you/me/we will work through that too!

Take care - if you have polysporin or neosporin across the ocean, try putting that on your spots while they heal. It helps with the inflamation and the flakes that finacea is bringing.