Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazygamar

SD Alcohol 40

Theres a toner I really want to try. Its got decent ingredients and is meant to help with acne. It has all good reviews too.

BUT, it has SD Alcohol 40 in it as the second ingredient. I was wondering if anyone else uses products with SD Alcohol 40 in them and if so do you experience any dryness or irritation?

I know Paula Begoun says that ingredient is bad and to stay away from it, but a lot of products have it in. I was looking at another toner that had the same ingredient and also the second on the list, the product got 60+ reviews and they were all good. I just cant decide whether I should try it or not.

Paulas ingredient dictionary helps me out, but I think it hurts me worse. I always sway from buying products when they could be good. Another example is Witch hazel, she says it causes skin irritation, blisters, etc. But yet its used very widely with no problems by many people. I could make an entire list to contradict hers of ingredients she says are bad, but yet are used with great results. It makes me wonder.

I can't use a product with SD 40 alcohol as the 2nd ingredient, but my boyfriend can (same product). My skin is also incredibly skin, and his . . . isn't. His is more like average-to-tough. I'd say if you haven't had sensitivity problems in the past, give it a try. If it's too irritating, stop using it. It's not the end of the world.

(If it's possible to get your product at CVS, that might be a good place to go, because you can return anything. It's in their policy to accept even used products back. I take advantage of this a whole lot with skin products. I'm wondering if I'll get banned from the store soon for suspicious purchasing practices.)

HAHAHA i always think they watch me whenever I got into a cvs or rite aid, because I always find some product, whether on this site or from searching, that sounds interesting to me. So i go to try and find it and they normally dont have it, so I leave empty handed and they just sorda glance at me like im stealing something, lol

But thanks for the reply, I wasnt sure I was going to get any. I guess it just depends on your skin and how it takes it. So i'll do what you said, try it and if it doesnt work return it. Its not really expensive so I dont mind. Thanks again though :)

HAHAHA i always think they watch me whenever I got into a cvs or rite aid, because I always find some product, whether on this site or from searching, that sounds interesting to me. So i go to try and find it and they normally dont have it, so I leave empty handed and they just sorda glance at me like im stealing something, lol

But thanks for the reply, I wasnt sure I was going to get any. I guess it just depends on your skin and how it takes it. So i'll do what you said, try it and if it doesnt work return it. Its not really expensive so I dont mind. Thanks again though :)

Dude, one time I did that (I just browse a lot), and they stopped me and "talked" to me before I left. They didn't search any of my stuff, so I guess my whole innocent-sweetie-girliness vibe got me off the hook. Not like I stole anything, anyway.