Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Good ways to use flaxseed oil?

I have a bottle and I've been meaning to use it, but I'm not sure how. I've heard it can be an acquired taste, so I don't know if I should just try sprinkling it on salad like I do with olive oil, or what. I don't want to swap it for olive oil, as I get the impression that both should be part of a healthy diet. I'm just not sure what to do with it. I was considering putting some in oatmeal, but I'm not sure how good that would taste. :P

Suggestions?

i've never tried straight flaxseed oil by itself, but i've heard it tastes pretty bad. if you're worried about taste get it in softgel capsules instead.

The reaction that I got when taking two tablespoons of flaxseed oil neat was rather similar to that of taking a shot of pernot, but more disgusting! However, when mixed into porridge (oatmeal in the states?) you don't notice it at all :)

Oatmeal is a good idea. Flax oil has a nutty flavor to it and I think it's quite tasty. If you want some flax oil that is really good on salad get the "foods alive" brand in Mike's Special it tastes like french dressing. They've added natural spices to it for flavor...yummy

I don't know how different it is, but I actually take the flax meal and "hide" it in all the foods I eat(soups, curry,baked goods etc.). It is sort of nutty, but otherwise I can hardly taste it.