Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragz999

really want a g/f but its hard when u have acne/marks on your face

Hey

I really would love a proper relationship someone to love and cherish and spend my life with.

But finding a girlfriend is damm near impossible when you look bad, girls just dont give you the time on day.

I know I am a good person on the inside but people dont really want to see beyond the skin.

Is anyone else in this situation or have found a solution?

You have to put more time in, you can't go on your physical looks cos there's an obvious shortcoming. It is possible though as I have a girlfriend with perfect skin yet my acne is still active and i have red marks and scars. In fact my skin in the worse out of the guys I live with yet I'm the only one with a partner.

Also don't go looking for someone to spend your life with as that's way too hard to judge when you first meet someone.

If you're at school or university try chatting to people in your classes and show people your personality.

hey--just find a girl with bad skin. and if yours gets better later on and hers seems to persist indefinitely, at that time maybe you can shop for a new one. hey, this is reality

i dont think personality alone will get the job done. if you find a girl who is markedly better looking or who has fabulous skin, there will be inequality in the relationship which will cause probs IMO

hey--just find a girl with bad skin. and if yours gets better later on and hers seems to persist indefinitely, at that time maybe you can shop for a new one. hey, this is reality

hi ragz!!

was wondering what happened to you-havent seen you around in a while. you are one of the nicest people on this board. i think any girl would be lucky to have you. :)

i dont think personality alone will get the job done. if you find a girl who is markedly better looking or who has fabulous skin, there will be inequality in the relationship which will cause probs IMO

Girls do care about whats inside of you. I know this because I have depressed acne scars and I also have a girlfriend.

However, I would dare to think that they also look for guys that are confident and not depressed 24/7. I mean come on, even guys wouldnt like to mix around with pple that are always depressed and have low self esteem.

I say get out there, get to know pple, be confident and nice.

Good luck!

Hey

I really would love a proper relationship someone to love and cherish and spend my life with.

But finding a girlfriend is damm near impossible when you look bad, girls just dont give you the time on day.

I know I am a good person on the inside but people dont really want to see beyond the skin.

Is anyone else in this situation or have found a solution?

mate that is harsh as fuck.

You know what for all those people who want to judge you because of a few spots, they ARE SOOOO not worth having in your life ok. You will meet someone, when the time is right, who will love you no matter how many spots you have on your face.....and when you meet this person, you will realize she is special for that reason, so hang in there....sometimes you have to go searching for the one, for others they come to them.....be patient.

Good luck mate, Trent

so is the debate possibility or probability?

possibility: sure. lots of guys with acne have girlfriends.

probability: why not? acne isn't a death sentence to your exterior, and even if it was, attractiveness isn't the determining factor in finding a gf. doesn't mean ppl wont notice it, but i think the problem it poses is a blow to self-confidence, which is a far greater deterrant than acne.

and if a girl overlooks you for your face.... do you really want to be with her?

Same as Arsenal. Perfect skinned girlfriend yet I met her when my acne was at it worst.

It's just that your being insecure as said above.