Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isabella123

Coverage using Everyday Minerals

I've just received my sample kit of Everyday Minerals with the Fair Intensive, Sunkissed Fair Intensive, Fair Medium Matte, Multi-tasking Concealer and Soft Touch blush. I never use makeup brushes so I just used a set I have laying around that were dirt cheap and probably not great quality. I dipped the brush in, tapped off the excess, and applied it in a circular motion but I found the coverage wasn't that great and I don't even have many skin problems. At the moment my skin is very dry, would that make a difference? I'm thinking that maybe the brushes are the problem... Any input? Thank you :)

well I've never tried EM but I hear that it's important to mosturize before applying your foundation/concealer & if you want more converage, you might wanna spray some water on your face beforehand or mix with your mosturizer ( :

I've just received my sample kit of Everyday Minerals with the Fair Intensive, Sunkissed Fair Intensive, Fair Medium Matte, Multi-tasking Concealer and Soft Touch blush. I never use makeup brushes so I just used a set I have laying around that were dirt cheap and probably not great quality. I dipped the brush in, tapped off the excess, and applied it in a circular motion but I found the coverage wasn't that great and I don't even have many skin problems. At the moment my skin is very dry, would that make a difference? I'm thinking that maybe the brushes are the problem... Any input? Thank you :)

I have found this out the hard way about coverage. A mineral makeup will not stick too well if your skin is too dry, later on in the day my skin oils will build up and the coverage will look better, but it's always better to moisturize BEFORE hand. To the above poster...That brown sugar/honey thing sounded interesting, pretty good advice too. It sounds like we have a girl here who's been in the ball park a bit. :)

That brown sugar/honey thing sounded interesting, pretty good advice too. It sounds like we have a girl here who's been in the ball park a bit. :)

I agree, well-moisturized skin is important.

Also, brushes DO make a difference. You want to use a dense, compact kabuki or flat top brush for best results. Layering is key too, you want to build coverage up. When going over an area that needs coverage, really concentrate the buffing there for a few seconds. Sometimes I only do one layer over some areas, but 3 over others.

MMU also takes some practice to get the hang of, but one you get it down it's easy.

Yes! I have dry skin as well and I have to moisturize my skin before applying mineral make up. If I apply it with no moisturizer, not only will it not stick, but it will look cakey and flakey! You can also try applying makeup using a wet method of lightly tapping your brush into water, before applying the foundation.

For me, I usually don't apply my makeup immediately after washing anyway. I usually apply makeup during my lunch break at work. It takes a whopping six minutes. So by that time, the natural oils on my skin are replenished and I don't even have to moisturize. I get terrific coverage.

Everyone's given such good advice there's really nothing left to offer!

Moisturizing, wet coverage, good quality brushes, there's not too much more to add that I can think of. :)

Oh, the formula chosen might make a difference, too. I only use their intensive and it's terrific for me.

Try using Everyday Minerals via wet. I noctied wet application makes the coverage more full and you should be using intensive formulations.

I just wet the kabuki brush synthtic kind and buff in until the brush gets dry and I make sure I do one side before i move onto the next!!