Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shoegirl9

Brush Cleanser HELP

For anyone who uses makeup brushes, what kind of brush cleanser do you use? I've been hesitant on buying one in fear that it might irritate my skin. I wanted to try the Clinique brush cleanser since it's pretty large (8 oz.) for 12.50, but I'm still not sure. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ;)

just use shampoo. I wouldn't waste money on a Clinique brush cleanser.

same here...I just use shampoo. Usually I use one to remove build-up, etc...which you can get from Walmart, Walgreens, or wherever, for a few bucks...and it'll last way longer than a special cleaner(imo)

I use the same antibacterial soap I cleans my face with. I use a foundation brush which I clean every day. Once a week after cleaning I dip it into my alcohol bottle to make sure it's REALLY clean. The alcohol will evaporate off, so it shouldn't bother you skin any.

98-cents for 16 ounce bottle of Equate (walmart brand) Baby Wash - which is also my bath soap. I wash my brushes daily after every use so no bacteria will grow in them. This cleanser is super gentle, and rinses out very well. A++++ Before that I was washing my brushes with Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser. Both are good choices. No need to waste money on special brush wash.

I just use a face wash that I have used before and did not break me out. I say it's better than taking your chances with a new (and expensive!) one that might break you out.

I use Johnson and Johnson Baby shampoo too! You can actually just get generic baby shampoo for cheaper! I honestly don't believe you need an expensive brush cleaner.

Thank you so much for the help everyone! :D I'm going to try to buy some baby shampoo today. Has anyone found that using baby shampoo is drying the brush bristles?

I also use a little bit of shampoo, I'm not particular about the brand. It rinses out really well and does a great job getting all the old makeup out. I wouldn't waste money on special brush cleanser.

I have never washed my dry brushes and now that I think about it, it's really gross. I think I will now :lol: .

I put some rubbing alcohol and lavender essential oil in a bottle and I mist my brushes with it and buff them clean on a paper towel. I find it works better than washing, it kills any bacteria and it keeps them smelling really nice!! Plus they dry really quick.