Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

People dont seem to understand that ACNE does cause DEPRESSION....On several occasions I have opened up to people about what effect Acne has done to my self esteem and life, and in return got negative comments and feedback....it can totally ruin your life and I am to the point now, where my spots rule my life...If I have a breakout I dont go out and it is like this voice takes over inside my head, telling me I am ugly and IF I do go out into the public, I will be cast apon and not accepted..... I simply stay at home, feeling sorry for myself and in return get and suffer from depression....

It does happen and my heart goes out to all the poeple suffering from acne and in the same sitaution as me.. I suffer from a mild case of pimples, but I let it get to me and obsess to the point that I start picking and make it ten times worse. Its like a compulsive disoporder of such....

I wish people would be more understanding, or atleast pretend to understand what acne sufferes are going through....

My heart goes out to you all who are in the same situation as I am in atm...

Trent

I can relate no one understands me and how I feel at all, My b/f tells me to grow up and stop getting upset over something so trivial...my parents don't understand it, my friends don't really know how much it affects me. There's not much you can do when other ppl haven't been through it also. But you got to fight it and try to find hapiness, don't let depression control your life.

I live in sydney too actually I don't live far from you at all

Wow how cool, add me to your mates list. Id like to stay in touch and maybe we can support each other...Its a shame those closest to you dont understand...I get the same reaction...'grow-up', or 'Trent your skins not even bad', or 'leave it alone and it will clear up', UGH...its never 'hey I will SUPPORT you'.....

Do you suffer a big case of pimples? Mild??? Severe??

Stay in touch

Trent

Well I've had mild acne for like 6 years never really severe but 6 years of constant pimples can drive someone just as crazy as a severe case. I've actually just finished a course of Accutane so I'm still waiting for the outcome... I have some scars and things to deal with. But the emotional side of acne stays with you forever I think....

That's one thing I tell ppl around me ..."stop telling me i'll be ok or it's nothing or once you mature a bit more you will understand and look back and think how silly you were because you don't even have acne"

They don't realise maybe some support without making out it's all in your head could actually help and not frustrate us! hehe Ok I forgot how to add someone I'll look into it. :)

its not just acne. people are ALWAYS afraid of what they don't know. theres a really great video let me find it....here it is. it shows how people can't understand that making fun of something they don't understand is NOT socially acceptable. It isn't directed at acne but its directed at depression, a form of mental illness (even if its just temporary and goes away it is still an illness and should be treated with respect)

people don't understand and they will lash out, flame you online, critique your pain as opposed to theirs.

the important thing is not that tho, the important thing is that YOU know that its wrong. YOU know that your health matters. Next time someone says something to you, inform them that they are ignorant and walk away.

the more people who understand that depression can have many forms and causes and is just as real for one person as it can be for someone for an entirely different reason, then the greater the chance we have to get some understanding and respect.

i'm here to say you have respect. you have an understanding ear in all of us should you choose to use it and FUCK THE FUCKERS who don't get it. Its sad, but you know what? you are beautiful inside and out, forget the spots. you're a gorgeous person inside because you know when it is wrong to critisize what you don't understand and because of people like you, one less person is going to lash out in hate.

remember that you are never alone and any feelings of despair are valid and should be treated with the same dignity and respect as any others.

never be afraid to get help, to ask for it or to seek it out, and FIGHT for your right to do so.

you ARE worth it.