Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well, i finally saw a dermatologist today and she prescribed me accutane right off the bat. i'm starting off with 40mg of tane, and 60mg of prednisone per day. i'll keep you guys updated with my progress.

yeah wow...the prednisone literally zapped ALL of my cysts instantly...i have NO bumps on my face right now except scabs. that'll all change soon tho i'm sure..

thanks for the replies

Are you taking the prednisone and accutane at the same time?

I am going to start month 2 and my derm gave me 1 weeks worth of prednisone to take, but he told me to stop taking acctuane while on it, then i can continue the accutane after a week of prednisone.

Are you taking the prednisone and accutane at the same time?

I am going to start month 2 and my derm gave me 1 weeks worth of prednisone to take, but he told me to stop taking acctuane while on it, then i can continue the accutane after a week of prednisone.

So do you guys think i can take them both at the same time, or i should do as my derm says and stop the accutane for a week while on prednisone? I am taking 40 mg of prednisone a day for 7 days.

My derm tried to put me on anti-biotics because Accutane is known for the initial breakout when it starts to work, but I said no. The breakout was truly ugly when it happened, but I'm glad I turned down an anti-biotic course because those can truly get overprescribed here in the US.

Prednisone doesn't seem to be an antibiotic. Wish they would have offered me that instead :P

My derm tried to put me on anti-biotics because Accutane is known for the initial breakout when it starts to work, but I said no. The breakout was truly ugly when it happened, but I'm glad I turned down an anti-biotic course because those can truly get overprescribed here in the US.

Prednisone doesn't seem to be an antibiotic. Wish they would have offered me that instead :P

Damn...my new derm said he doesent prescribe accutane anymore :(

My acne isent cystic at all so i dont know if it would help me though. Im on Tazorac and tetracycline as of a week ago now.

GL with accutane man.

Damn...my new derm said he doesent prescribe accutane anymore :(

My acne isent cystic at all so i dont know if it would help me though. Im on Tazorac and tetracycline as of a week ago now.

GL with accutane man.

Good luck with your accutane treatment. I'm three months into it and just now starting to see a change. The first couple months were not fun, but the predisone seriously made it manageable. I loved predisone actually! Made me have almost NO cysts instantly. I was on the same tapering off predisone dosage as you are for one month. My docter said that stays in your system for one month after, and the cysts haven't returned for me at all (thanks to the accutane). But the predisone helps with the first couple months where cysts usually pop up in huge amounts. After that the accutane kicks in and you are on your way to healing. Just keep your head up if you seem to clear and then have another breakout. That was the hardest thing for me. But it seems to be getting better now. I'll check your log in a couple weeks to see how you are doing. Good luck with your treatment! Feel free to ask me any questions about accutane.

it's been two weeks now and i finally got my first IB. i woke up this morning with a few large pustules and one huge red cyst on my adam's apple. i can feel soft inflammed lumps on my left temple too - i'm positive they'll form into a cluster of zits. however, it's not discouraging because i know i'll be perfectly clear in 4 - 5 months anyway.

the second week tho, man...it was amazing. my skin was merely perfect...i'm not sure if it was because i was taking high doses of prednisone or the fact that i cut out all chemicals/creams/antibiotics and stuck to washing 2x a day with purpose gentle cleanser. but man - what a confidence boost! :D

i'm just so happy i'm on accutane now - it's unreal. it's the fact that i'm guaranteed clear skin, and i don't have to stress over what works and what doesn't. i have all my faith in tane and i've been thanking God everyday for it.

i'll keep you guys posted.