Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bakesalee

Anybody know estimate of esthetician costs?

I doubt it's covered by insurance, but just as a precaution, I don't have any, so let's throw that out of the window.

Roughly how much does it cost for a session?

I have no inflammed acne thanks to Differin and Clindamycin pads, but blackheads on my nose and an inch underneath my eye really get me down. I don't know how I survived high school with full blown Accutane style acne when I freak and pick out on blackheads.

It does depend on where you go and also the expertise of the esthetician. If I were you, I would find someone who is experience with treating acne prone skin. Don't just go to any old day spa and get their "acne facial". See if you can find an esthetician who specializes - maybe someone who works at an acne clinic or maybe in a derm's office.

Cost would probably be somewhere around $75. Also, one facial on its own isn't going to do much for your skin in the long run. You do have to do them on a regular, ongoing basis (maybe every 6-10 wks) to get the benefits.