Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
conf22

when did you first start seeing results?

First month - my 4th week I started clearing up really quick after 3 week initial breakout

2nd month - my dosage was raised so i started breakin out again but not quite as bad as the first breakout. But again samething, 4th week into 2nd month and I am clearing very quickly. Pretty much 100% clear right now.

I go on monday to get my 3rd months perscription but I am not going over 40mg(my current dosage) no matter what my derm says. As for the redmarks, well its wierd... My complexion is usually really really nice an hour after waking up until about super time and then my red marks start comin out I cant figure out why.

I'm on month three or so of my five-month course, with a daily dose of about 0.75 mg of tane per kilogram. My acne was probably of a medium sort, mainly on my face and with bits of lighter acne on my upper body. The first results I noticed were on my back and chest -- the pimples started disappearing around month one, and in another month the red marks left over from that were mostly gone. My face started getting smoother in about two months, and now at three I have lotsa red marks and only a few actual pimples. (And also, for the last four weeks or so I've been binging on chocolate, eating a good 150 grams of it per day, which pre-tane would've given me plenty of work in the mornings.)

saw good result from 1month+ (not counting the fact that the IB was extremely bad), but actually looking clear at about 3 months in now.

I don't know if my case is successful as I started to get acne again after 6 months post accutane, but during the course my face started to clear up in the first month on a low dose treatment.

To Baravykas,

Just a question your low dosage. I am taking 20mg daily. I have mild acne which recently flared quite badly right side of my face. I have been on tane for a week. While it seemed to clear up during the first couple of days, it looks like my acne is flaring up again.

Did you have a similar experience and what dosage did you take?

I started off at 40mg and after one month my skin had 0 bumps then I started breaking out again......and didn't get results until the 5th month.

Tim,

I am sorry that you are experiencing poor results. Hang in there.

Just wondering if you are using any topical/oral medications along with accutane that could help minimize breakouts??

Rockets,

did you break out any during that first month?? even just small pimples?? b/c I am, and I am just wondering when the small breakouts will stop.

2nd month. I had a lot of white heads but they were starting to go away.

Almost all of the whiteheads are gone now (I had a TON) and my face is the smoothest it's been in a LONG time. Now my face is just filled with a bunch of ugly red scarring....