Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User47728

Fructose, Insulin, And Taurine!

The main reason why those countries which consume the most milk and you would think benefit the most from the calcium, have the highest cases of osteoperosis and other bone diseases compared to countries which consume the least.

Gee, that doesn't sound right. How about:

* folks in industrialized countries get less Vitamin D.

* folks in industrialized countries don't have to carry water (or anything else) on their heads.

* folks in industrialized countries are more likely to live long enough to get osteoporotic.

* folks in industrialized countries can afford cancer treatments that deliver bone loss as a side effect.

* we don't really know exactly what the relative rates of osteoporosis are, 'cause nobody's every done a worldwide survey big/random enough to be believable.

Besides, America has a whole lot of morbidly obese folks, and obese people have the most beeeyoootiful, giant, thick, sturdy bones you can imagine. Watch the Dr. Ott show, if you don't believe me. So if all you care about is osteoporosis, then just start chugging those milkshakes -- and every other calorie you can lay your hands on. You may end up not being able to move around much, but by gum your bones will be thick enough to beat any skinny, non-milk-drinkin' furriner to death with!

Look into the Blue Zones in which researchers identify and study several regions in which the residents live very long healthy lives. They tend to have diets that are predominately plant based.

http://www.bluezones.com/

If there are any specific good articles you'd like to link to, I'd love to see them, because I'm not impressed with their homepages at all. I guess I'm in the mood for something a bit more scientific.

The research is their observations of the diets and lifestyles of those people in those zones where the majority live long and healthy lives. The diets actually vary, but one common factor is that they eat more plant foods than meats. Another common factor is they remain active.

Look into the Blue Zones in which researchers identify and study several regions in which the residents live very long healthy lives. They tend to have diets that are predominately plant based.

http://www.bluezones.com/

If there are any specific good articles you'd like to link to, I'd love to see them, because I'm not impressed with their homepages at all. I guess I'm in the mood for something a bit more scientific.

The research is their observations of the diets and lifestyles of those people in those zones where the majority live long and healthy lives. The diets actually vary, but one common factor is that they eat more plant foods than meats. Another common factor is they remain active.

I'm not impressed with their homepage either. I would rather go to that page and read all about the people in those zones. That's what they show when they visit Oprah after all. But the quality of the website isn't the point.

Here's a nice article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20080519...book_blue_zones

And actually, one of the groups are vegetarians.

This question is tough to word so that you don't think I am joking, but do any males here notice a weakened orgasm while on Taurine?

My girlfriend said that mine "Shot the farthest" of anyone she had seen (sample size: 5) and this was consistent for a year and a half. I had never thought it was different prior to that.

Now, I don't know if it is other dietary or exercise changes that I have not noticed, but around 3 weeks ago I realized that now when I climax it essentially just trickles out. There is NOT a decrease in volume, just no "shooting" capability. I figured I might as well ask if anyone else on Taurine notices this. I know I just turned 24 but I can't believe that my body is undergoing physical changes from a 18-23 yr old male that rapidly.

I take 2 x 1000 mg doses (total of four 500 mg pills) per day.

Is Taurine in large doses safe and will it achieve results faster, sort of like Pantothenic Megadosing?

Has anyone megadosed on Taurine like you megadose on Pantothenic acid to see the results.

Is Taurine in large doses safe

Yes.

and will it achieve results faster,

There isn't enough evidence to tell.

megadosing on taurine can send blood sugar levels too low.

Agreed - Do not take megadoses of anything for anyreason! You'll just be overloading organs even if you do get a positive response! Taurine has a few effects, and is a diuretic so you'll most likely do more damage than good!

Bodybuilders have been taking taurine for a long time, the usual dose appears to be 5g per day (for a reasonably fit bodybuilder with a good diet and exercise routine). Most of us have been sticking to 3g or less per day with some breaks (i take a day off every couple of weeks) and drink plenty of water, aim for a slightly healthier diet, avoid overloading on things like alcohol! Even at that dose there have been some people having side effects, which is a risk like everything. If you want a safer way to increase taurine, eat eggs, meats, fish (which are bodybuilder like diets anyway!). DeAntonio posted some links, google some more and you'll find lots of info!

megadosing on taurine can send blood sugar levels too low.

Can you cite anything about that?

hey lilivg really random question but may i ask what you ancestry is, like irish, german, mexican, etc. i have strong central european ancestry from germany and i think im fructose intolerant but im not 100% sure, when i looked it up fructose malabsorption and intolerance is the highest in central europe,...

hey lilivg really random question but may i ask what you ancestry is, like irish, german, mexican, etc. i have strong central european ancestry from germany and i think im fructose intolerant but im not 100% sure, when i looked it up fructose malabsorption and intolerance is the highest in central europe,...

I'm a Euro-mutt: english, irish, scottish, german, and finnish/russian. I didn't know that fructose intolerance is higher in central Europeans, that's very interesting.

I'm a Euro-mutt: english, irish, scottish, german, and finnish/russian. I didn't know that fructose intolerance is higher in central Europeans, that's very interesting.

Yeah, me too. English, German and Czech.

yea, 30-40% of central europe has fructose intolerance or malabsorption. im pretty sure i have it, becuase i cut out all sugar and fruits, and my skin is doing ALOT better, and also i dont have as bad of digestion as i used to. i kinda came to the fructose conclusion after eating a spoon of honey on my breakfast oats, about 3-4 hours later my abdomen felt like it was going to explode...and i broke out a the day after. After reading about it, symptoms, and its most common frequency in central europe (particularly germany, which is where 80% of my ancestry is) i think ive finally got it, after 9 years of acne!! but who knows its still too soon to say... :doh:

Taurine is my last hope. If it doesn't work I'm going to accutane.

I have spent a full year on this board and tried everything short of a prolonged water fast. It saddens me to resort to accutane which I know can be damaging, but I can't take this anymore.

if your not fructose intolerant, i wouldnt even bother. im still struggling with this jawline cystic bullsh!t.

I'm right now in the middle this thread but have not found nothing about anybody passing blood test for insulin. Does it enough to figure out if I have insulin resistance (age: 24).

i just started taking taurine lets see what happens.

im interested as i read it helps the liver deal with endotoxicity, or breaking down any toxins from bacteria or otherwise, that are leaking into the bloodstream.

Its has also been suggested that these toxins could be the cause of some inflammatory diseases.

im interested as i read it helps the liver deal with endotoxicity, or breaking down any toxins from bacteria or otherwise, that are leaking into the bloodstream.

Its has also been suggested that these toxins could be the cause of some inflammatory diseases.

how much are you taking? are you taking powder or capsules? I'm gonna buy some tomorrow too. If I can't find it, would substituting it with redbull be a good idea?

how much are you taking? are you taking powder or capsules? I'm gonna buy some tomorrow too. If I can't find it, would substituting it with redbull be a good idea?

I would recommend buying them online if you can't find them. Redbull has other side effects you might want to avoid. I have found them in both Vitamin Shoppe and GNC stores.