Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notoriouskid

People maing assumptions about you

i hate it when people say ur "Quiet" cuz that pissess me off at skool. Honestly if u don't kno me fully like outside of skool dont say shit and maybe if u talked to me i wouldn't seem so quiet u hypocrite lol...can u relate

i hate it when people say ur "Quiet" cuz that pissess me off at skool. Honestly if u don't kno me fully like outside of skool dont say shit and maybe if u talked to me i wouldn't seem so quiet u hypocrite lol...can u relate

I get mad when people make assumptions too, but then I make the realization that they are making assumptions based on how I'm presenting myself.

I get mad when people make assumptions too, but then I make the realization that they are making assumptions based on how I'm presenting myself.

Yes I think it is unfair. I don't assume that all talkative people are loud, obnoxious or stupid either.

Nothing wrong with being a quiet person, just don't forget to have manners & to convey friendliness somehow. Greet people, smile, and keep positive body language (no crossing arms, walking w/head down, etc).

Don't be fake, but try to muster some genuine interest in others, which makes you seem personable & provides conversation topics. That way you don't have to talk up a storm, but you won't seem closed off to people either.

Otherwise, I agree with Necromancer; a lot of it is cultural. In the US, people consider friendliness being talkative, loud, and acting "happy" no matter what. It seems some cultures do appreciate more reserved people who are more thoughtful & careful in what they say & don't need to be the center of attention all the time. There's pros & cons to both, but unfortunately very extroverted people usually don't understand people who aren't just like them and can unfairly ascribe bad motives to people who are quiet & reserved.

When people say you're "quiet", just tell them how you talk quite a bit with friends you are comfortable with. That is usually enough for people to realize that you do have a personality & can be friendly, but that you are possibly shy and take some time to warm up.

I have to out myself as "shy" as soon as I can so that I don't get a bad wrap for not being outgoing.

sorry i can't spell.the topic was siposed to be making not maing...anyway i agree with siouxsie im more talkative with my friends but people that i dont talk to think im quiet because im dont talk to them.

I have to out myself as "shy" as soon as I can so that I don't get a bad wrap for not being outgoing.

Well said, me too!

I don't know. In large groups of loud people, I have a tendency to sort of fade into the background. Everything's a punchline, and I just can't keep up. Not that I'm bitter about it. I'm a people-watching aficionado, so socialization as a spectator sport has its own unique appeal.