Notifications
Clear all

Brenda 35 ED Pill and Acne

MemberMember
(@mags_australia)

Posted : 11/29/2007 9:18 am

Hi there,

I went on Juliet 35 ED when I was 17 upon the recommendation of my doctor, to help address my acne. It worked extremely well but I have been off a pill that specifically helps with acne until recently. My acne has been flaring up again so my doctor prescribed Brenda 35 ED and my acne has shown no improvement.

Has anyone has had a similar experience, or does anyone have any recommendations / ideas for what is going wrong? I've been on Brenda for 2 months now.

Thanks in advance,

Maggie.

MemberMember
(@wanabeacnefree)

Posted : 11/29/2007 9:26 am

Why didn't you go back onto the Juliet 35 ED?

I came off Diane 35 ED a few years ago just to give my body a break. I believe my acne returning coincided with coming off the pill.

All 3 pills we have mentioned are '35 ED' any idea what the difference is between the 3?

MemberMember
(@mags_australia)

Posted : 12/04/2007 7:27 am

After doing a little bit of research, it appears that the only difference between these pills is that some attract a government surcharge, making them more expensive than the other ED pills.

My doctor just prescribed Brenda 35 ED without asking if I'd prefer Juliet (I assume he did this because of the price difference). Even though I can't seem to have found any apparent differences between the pills other than price, I will get hold of a prescription for Juliet once my Brenda one runs out this month.

Will you be going back on Diane?

MemberMember
(@wanabeacnefree)

Posted : 12/05/2007 5:16 am

Yeh, I think I will, since I think it's why I've gotten my breakouts back

Also, I've had a couple of pregnancy scares

MemberMember
(@natural-girl)

Posted : 12/05/2007 2:12 pm

hello there,

I am new here, and I was on Diane 35 for many years, which did keep my acne in check and it took about 2 1/2 years and some very stressful personal factors to bring my acne back the worst I have had it in my life. I did experience some hair thinning when I cam off of Diane 35--- did anyone have this experience?

MemberMember
(@mags_australia)

Posted : 12/08/2007 8:11 am

Yeh, I think I will, since I think it's why I've gotten my breakouts back

Also, I've had a couple of pregnancy scares

Oh dear! Let me know how you go.

hello there,

I am new here, and I was on Diane 35 for many years, which did keep my acne in check and it took about 2 1/2 years and some very stressful personal factors to bring my acne back the worst I have had it in my life. I did experience some hair thinning when I cam off of Diane 35--- did anyone have this experience?

I can't say I've experienced hair thinning, no.

MemberMember
(@amysue)

Posted : 06/08/2009 12:31 am

I have been on all three Brenda 35 ED, Juliet 35 ED and Dianne 35 ED and haven't noticed any particular difference in the brands.

I still have irregular break-outs every now and then but have just gone off Juliet as I couldn't get a doctors appointment and am experiencing deeper, bigger and sorer pimples than when I am on it.

Another thing I particularly noticed that changing between these pills I experienced significant mood swings!

Otherwise I'd say they are very effective in reducing my medium to sometimes severe acne.

MemberMember
(@carly1992)

Posted : 10/08/2015 9:29 pm

Hi there,

I went on Juliet 35 ED when I was 17 upon the recommendation of my doctor, to help address my acne. It worked extremely well but I have been off a pill that specifically helps with acne until recently. My acne has been flaring up again so my doctor prescribed Brenda 35 ED and my acne has shown no improvement.

Has anyone has had a similar experience, or does anyone have any recommendations / ideas for what is going wrong? I've been on Brenda for 2 months now.

Thanks in advance,

Maggie.

I was on Brenda for 3 months and I think it made it worse. I stopped and going to doctors next week. I was previously on a med containing doxycycline for 12 months and didn't do anything. I have bad acne on chest and shoulders which is why I wanted meds - do get on face and back but worst on chest which makes me self-conscious. I may bring up juliet when i go to the doctor. everyone is different but it's strange how the 35 ED line is prescribed for severe acne yet didn't work for mine.

MemberMember
(@statelytack)

Posted : 10/01/2016 1:52 pm

I am 35 years old. I have been on antibiotics and this stuff keeps getting worse. It's all over me. I have tried vitex no results. I have a hormonal imbalance according to my doctor. He tried b/c but the side effects out weighed any benefits. I am still taking vitex, niacin, fish oil, and just started evening primrose oil and black cohosh. I really need help.

20161001_144207.jpg