Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

what works for upset stomach?

For the last 2 weeks or so, I've been throwing up at night. Even just a little bit. Not every night though maybe every 2nd or 3rd night. But this week now, I've threw up almost every night. I stopped taking supplements because it was making me throw up right after.

So basically, I've stopped eating normal amounts of solid food, and i've been chugging ginger ale.

What else could I do? I'm averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night.

And whats funny, is my skin is literally pimple free, 0 pimples are on my face. Blemishes and red marks are looking very faded, so I guess this isn't all too bad.

But seriously, this is the worst feeing ever.

Hopefully it was the supplements on an empty stomach causing the problem, but if not, maybe a stomach virus, or... a parasite?

Advil helps with upset stomachs :lol:

just kidding! I hate advil. For me advil causes severe episodes of diarrhea from an upset stomach/ Chew on Tummies. You can get them at the groccery store or your local drugstore. They are tablets you chew that come in different flavors, in case you dont know. Malox also works. I dont know if thats prescriptionor not though

Hey, I wouldn't recommend cold drinks if you have a stomach ache. You should only drink warm/room temperature liquids. Cold drinks can really shock the stomach. Go easy on any kind of sugar, too. I don't know whether that ginger ale is sugary or not...

I like Rolaids flavored chews. They're very sweet and taste good, almost like candy. Two or three of those settle out my stomach pretty good. I've also found an ice pack on my neck can help steady me when I'm feeling nausoues.

I like Rolaids flavored chews. They're very sweet and taste good, almost like candy. Two or three of those settle out my stomach pretty good. I've also found an ice pack on my neck can help steady me when I'm feeling nausoues.

Unless it is something more dire, buy some pure ginger or ginger powder. Should be stronger than the ale. (ignore the pregnancy part)

Safe and Effective Relief of Nausea and Vomiting During Pregnancy

Ginger's anti-vomiting action has been shown to be very useful in reducing the nausea and vomiting of pregnancy, even the most severe form, hyperemesis gravidum, a condition which usually requires hospitalization. In a double-blind trial, ginger root brought about a significant reduction in both the severity of nausea and number of attacks of vomiting in 19 of 27 women in early pregnancy (less than 20 weeks). Unlike antivomiting drugs, which can cause severe birth defects, ginger is extremely safe, and only a small dose is required.

A review of six double-blind, randomized controlled trials with a total of 675 participants, published in the April 2005 issue of the journal, Obstetrics and Gynecology,has confirmed that ginger is effective in relieving the severity of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. The review also confirmed the absence of significant side effects or adverse effects on pregnancy outcomes.

thanks everyone for the replies

i've been drinking non-stop ginger ale since i got home. and it seems to be doing the trick

i had taco bell earlier and a bagel just now, and i didn't feel nausoued(sp?) at all.

Hopefully I could get through this night without vomitting, if I can't, I'll see my doctor on friday (hes office is not open on thursday)

im gonna drink nyquil and hopefully it'll knock me out before i get stomach pains and then eventually (throwing up)

Just don't get in the habit of eating Tums all the time - they only mask the problem and are *not* healthful!! If you're just feeling nauseous is all, it doesn't sound like it's anything serious, but if your symptoms get worse, or if this continues, I think getting checked out by a doctor would be a good idea.. just to be safe. I hope you figure out what's going on soon!

For the last 2 weeks or so, I've been throwing up at night. Even just a little bit. Not every night though maybe every 2nd or 3rd night. But this week now, I've threw up almost every night. I stopped taking supplements because it was making me throw up right after.

So basically, I've stopped eating normal amounts of solid food, and i've been chugging ginger ale.

What else could I do? I'm averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night.

And whats funny, is my skin is literally pimple free, 0 pimples are on my face. Blemishes and red marks are looking very faded, so I guess this isn't all too bad.

But seriously, this is the worst feeing ever.

I agree with NotaDoctor, if this continues, I'd see a doctor! If it's something serious, you don't want to mess around. I am glad you're dong better tonight. :) Have you by chance been under a lot of stress that could be causing this?

I'm surprised it took that long for someone to tell him to go to see a doctor! Throwing up almost every day for weeks is NOT normal! And Tums is not the answer! This thread was baffling to read through! I was literally thinking, "Are you kidding me?" Go to the doctor! Seriously!

I'm surprised it took that long for someone to tell him to go to see a doctor! Throwing up almost every day for weeks is NOT normal! And Tums is not the answer! This thread was baffling to read through! I was literally thinking, "Are you kidding me?" Go to the doctor! Seriously!

Just because it's not normal doesn't mean it's serious... Many of us who post in this forum don't just automatically run to the doctor when something is wrong. In most cases, doctors don't have the right answers, and often, all they want to do is prescribe drugs. *Not* going to do the doctor is often a much healthier choice to make! However, there are definitely cases when it's necessary. If DuckGuy starts suspecting that he might have parasites, then this is something that he should have professionally checked out, and I agree that he should get to the doctor soon if it continues.

ok the shit feelings are coming back today and i diddnt throw up yesterday or today (yet)

i just took some fishoil after i ate some chicken,

im keeping a trashcan next to me (just in case)

Just because it's not normal doesn't mean it's serious... Many of us who post in this forum don't just automatically run to the doctor when something is wrong. In most cases, doctors don't have the right answers, and often, all they want to do is prescribe drugs. *Not* going to do the doctor is often a much healthier choice to make! However, there are definitely cases when it's necessary. If DuckGuy starts suspecting that he might have parasites, then this is something that he should have professionally checked out, and I agree that he should get to the doctor soon if it continues.

ok the shit feelings are coming back today and i diddnt throw up yesterday or today (yet)

i just took some fishoil after i ate some chicken,

im keeping a trashcan next to me (just in case)

Just because it's not normal doesn't mean it's serious... Many of us who post in this forum don't just automatically run to the doctor when something is wrong. In most cases, doctors don't have the right answers, and often, all they want to do is prescribe drugs. *Not* going to do the doctor is often a much healthier choice to make! However, the

re are definitely cases when it's necessary. If DuckGuy starts suspecting that he might have parasites, then this is something that he should have professionally checked out, and I agree that he should get to the doctor soon if it continues.

So throwing up almost every single day and a clear pattern of the condition worsening isn't enough to concern you? It doesn't have to be an emergency to go to the doctor, people go to the dr when they have a cold. It's just to make sure everything is ok. It it was just a few days, I'd say yeah, wait it out for a little bit. But a few weeks? That's not normal. Something is wrong.

And a general distrust of doctors is not always the best way to go. Yes, they don't always know what's going on, but to just assume they don't know anything and to dive straight into self treatment is dangerous. What if it's not parasites, what if it's a stomach ulcer? Or a tumor? or cancer? You can't self diagnose those. And taking an anti-parasitic home treatment if it was something more serious, like a tumor, or cancer, is only wasting time that could have been used to actually treat him for the condition he actually has. I'm not btw, saying that I think he does have cancer or something that serious, but that's because I'm not a doctor, and neither is anyone else involved in this discussion. He should go see a doctor.