Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slayer666

I Need SOMETHING???

Hey guys

Im new to the board, but THANKFUL I found this forum.

Well Im 24 years old, and have been suffering with acne, god as long as I can remember.

Im a musician, have toured the world, signed to a record label, had a video on mtv etc etc. Not only is it embarassing and self confident walking around in public, when you have acne, try playing ON STAGE, in front of an audience, when all there doing is STARRING at you. God it's the worst, I hate it so much, and then to see pictures of me and CLOSE ups, it makes me want to crawl in a hole and never leave. I have cystic acne, and I just need to find something that works for me. I suffer from acne in the following places

Face, Neck, Scalp, Back, Chest, Stomach

Fortunatly my back and chest are no where near how bad it used to be, but still I havent' gone to the beach in about 4 or 5 years. I've tryed proactive, acnezine, prescribed garbage from my dermatologist, Clearisil, Oxy, just about anything and everything, and nothing's truly kept me clear. From reading a lot of different forums I've seen some great things which Im very excited about. But is there anyone suffering from acne in the same places that I am?? I also have very sensitive skin (best example I went to my friends wedding and had a brand new dress shirt. The collar from being closed around my neck, broke me out)

I got to do something, it's so degrading when I dont' even want to play guitar anymore.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Hey man, congratulations on not letting acne keep you from perusing and realizing your dreams.

If you don't want to try accutane, which isn't as bad as you might think, I would recommend you check out the BFG regimine here. I haven't done it yet, because I'm currently on accutane, but it is supposedly very effective. Good luck.

Believe me, you should definately get accutane. The benefits definately outweigh the possible side effects. It is an almost definate cure for persistant acne. With all percription drugs, there will be extreme cases of side effects.

IMO you will just end up looking for some other cure that may never come until you figure out that accutane will be the only thing that can stop it (at least that happened to me)

Yup, accutane should get rid of your acne. Before I decided to give it a try, I was worried sick too. I was like I don't wana get depressed or kill myself or have lots of back pains. But when I was finally on it and started seeing results, I was happy as heck and not depressed for once. I had neck pains though but I just took some pain relievers for it.

Yup, accutane should get rid of your acne. Before I decided to give it a try, I was worried sick too. I was like I don't wana get depressed or kill myself or have lots of back pains. But when I was finally on it and started seeing results, I was happy as heck and not depressed for once. I had neck pains though but I just took some pain relievers for it.

Wow thanks guys for all the positive feedback regardding acutane.

Well Im definitly gonna have to consider it. Now how long do you

have to take acutane?? Is it something that you have to take indefinitly?

Are they pills, cream??

Fill me in guys,

thanks again