Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Se_a_cabo

Car Mirrors and Windows

Ok, I've seen this problem on the boards a lot. It seems that car mirrors always highlight impurities and its so aggravating. I hate it so much. I mean i've been using the Neutrogena at home micro dermabrasion kit since June constantly (well as directed anyway) and I absolutely have changed my skin 100%. Ill post some pics, but I feel like I have great skin, always have medication on it, and ill get in the car and see myself and I dont know how I possibly even have that bad looking of skin. When I look in the mirror at home, its nice and tight skin with a pretty even tone, with zits here and there. So the question is, what do actual people that see you see? Do they see the same as the car mirrors or standard mirrors?

Also, with the Neutrogena kit, I have gone from picture one to picture two. A noticable difference on camera, but not a ton in the car mirror which is so weird! I would highly recommend the kit and stick with it because as you can see, it works wonders!

Before

After

I normally look like this without the zits (with my idol :) but the funny part of it is, before I met him that night I looked in the car mirror and was so depressed that if I got a picture with him that I would look so horrible with scars and zits. You can see some scars but they're not red and inflammed which is weird!

I never look in foreign mirrors or reflections! Never, or else I get upset. And most everyone tells me my skin is perfect!

Mirror avoidance has been the only way I forget about my skin and feel better about my appearance. It's not a perfect solution but better than looking at every reflection you can and feeling shitty!

Have one or two mirrors in ur home that you can obsess in under favorable light conditions.

My personal favorite are the bathroom mirror with the light off and door open and mid afternoon sun coming in from the hallway. And a kitchen mirror with the lights off and small stove light on in background.

Even in those I have to remind myself not to lean in and look from two inches away. Its just not healthy . . .

it could just because when you look in car mirrors your face is soo much closer so you see more impurites.

orr..i find my skin looks so much worse in some sunlight (depends on the how dark/light it is outside and the angles it hits me), so it could be that as well

Wow I notice this EXACT same thing too. Whenever I pass by a car and look into the mirror..my face looks absolutely hideous. Or when I'm driving and look at my reflection in the overhead mirrors..a monster.

But at home, I pretty good in my bathroom mirror (however the lighting in my house is yellowish so it makes me look better than in natural light)

I also wonder whether people see my "bathroom face" or my "car face". I always avoid looking at my reflection outside in some mirror: it's just horrible.

Ok, I've seen this problem on the boards a lot. It seems that car mirrors always highlight impurities and its so aggravating. I hate it so much. I mean i've been using the Neutrogena at home micro dermabrasion kit since June constantly (well as directed anyway) and I absolutely have changed my skin 100%. Ill post some pics, but I feel like I have great skin, always have medication on it, and ill get in the car and see myself and I dont know how I possibly even have that bad looking of skin. When I look in the mirror at home, its nice and tight skin with a pretty even tone, with zits here and there. So the question is, what do actual people that see you see? Do they see the same as the car mirrors or standard mirrors?

Also, with the Neutrogena kit, I have gone from picture one to picture two. A noticable difference on camera, but not a ton in the car mirror which is so weird! I would highly recommend the kit and stick with it because as you can see, it works wonders!

Before

After

I normally look like this without the zits (with my idol :) but the funny part of it is, before I met him that night I looked in the car mirror and was so depressed that if I got a picture with him that I would look so horrible with scars and zits. You can see some scars but they're not red and inflammed which is weird!

Weirdd!

nice one, a lot of improvement in the after. howd you get rid of any red marks?

yeah i hate car mirrors theyre proper harsh

Wow I notice this EXACT same thing too. Whenever I pass by a car and look into the mirror..my face looks absolutely hideous. Or when I'm driving and look at my reflection in the overhead mirrors..a monster.

But at home, I pretty good in my bathroom mirror (however the lighting in my house is yellowish so it makes me look better than in natural light)

I also wonder whether people see my "bathroom face" or my "car face". I always avoid looking at my reflection outside in some mirror: it's just horrible.

What I did mainly was started using this miracle here.. The day I bought it I was so fed up with red-marks on my face from believe it or not looking in the car mirror as I just got a new car. I tried two other treatments before it that didnt seem to work much as I wanted immediate results. I first really knew I needed it when I saw that picture of my face in the before picture in my room. I never knew my face was so scarred up so I went online and started looking stuff up. I found this kit, and although somewhat expensive, it was the best option and im glad I did it. I was kind of hesitant about it as some reviews of it werent so good. Many people found it messy and hard to wash off, I however didnt have any problems at all with it. The first night I used it was two days before graduation. Instant results, great, soft looking skin! I continued to use it for months and months, eventually buying the refill package for it, and then came the true test. The camera. The third picture of me was taken in September, a little of shy of three months of actually using it! I like to continue it as much as three to four times per week, although they only recommend like once per week after your first time using it (which you have to do for like 5 days straight and then stop to let the skin adjust). Its great for those pesky zits that are small and dont want to come out. You just massage them with this and they seem to smooth out so nice! During the day I also have used this Neutogena pore refining cleanser which I bought at the grocery store. I continue to use creames at night and am still trying to find a really good one. I just bought a new one thats the Neutrogena 3 in 1 yesterday, so ill keep you posted. I really like the abrasive stuff because although it feels rough on the face, you get the results you want. LASTLY!! Two nights ago, I started using this amazing St. Ive's Apricot Scrub which is the best product i've ever used to get pesky dead skin off your face. Its something I like to use the nights I dont use the dermabrasion kit. It has like mini walnut pieces in the apricot formula and rubs off all of the dead skin abrasively (which you may or may not enjoy) and moisturizes after that. I've never seen another product like it. It moisturizes skin beyond belief. And that is my routine on how I got rid of the red marks and most of the acne scars.