Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ph4g3n

What to do after squeezing a pustule

Yep, I squeezed a pustule. I was confused - didn't know it was as taboo as it was.

This explains alot.

My face is usually completely clear, except one deep pustule in my nose. It almost gets to a head, then I squeeze it, then it goes away the next day. One day later, I get another. I'm pretty sure this is due to the squeezing.

About 5 minutes ago I squeezed a headless pustule and a small amount of superficial pus was extracted. I did not squeeze very hard. How do I progress from my mistake? Extra BP on my nose? What about the spot, let it progress from here?

Won't make this mistake again. :redface:

it's really not a huge deal, don't stress so much about it! if it's inflamed or looks all red and swollen now, you can ice it. then just put some antibiotic on it, like neosporin, and put a bandaid over it when you go to bed. it should be fine.

Yep, I squeezed a pustule. I was confused - didn't know it was as taboo as it was.

This explains alot.

My face is usually completely clear, except one deep pustule in my nose. It almost gets to a head, then I squeeze it, then it goes away the next day. One day later, I get another. I'm pretty sure this is due to the squeezing.

About 5 minutes ago I squeezed a headless pustule and a small amount of superficial pus was extracted. I did not squeeze very hard. How do I progress from my mistake? Extra BP on my nose? What about the spot, let it progress from here?

This explains alot.

Never pop unless it has a white head. And never do it with ur fingers!

Personally I bought a box of disposable latex gloves from the chain pharmacy (they all have them). I put them on. Take a new safety pin from a box of 100 I bought for a dollar at Walmart. then i prick the white head at its top.

Be careful when pricking that all you prick is the top of the bubble. If you hit the sides or inside of the pore it will scar the pore!

Then what happens next depends on the size and consistency of the pus. also depends on its location on my face.

i either apply gentle pressure with my gloved fingers. or i place a tear of clean cleanex over it which draws out the pus.

its important to be gentle because even with a pinhole it is still possible to press to hard causing a rupture that shoots the pus and scars the pore.

I never go until i see blood. that is just overkill and will scar you. if you are gentle enough you will see clear first before you see blood. that is when you stop. even if a little pus is left that will exist by itself or is easily carried away by your body.

i then finish with a small round band aid. i put a little neosporin on it (white kind not the clear kind). I get the sensitive skin bandaids which wont stick to ur skin like glue.

therefore its important to pop at night so you can have as many hours as possible to keep the zit covered and moist. this ensures proper healing without scarring.

This explains alot.

Never pop unless it has a white head. And never do it with ur fingers!

Personally I bought a box of disposable latex gloves from the chain pharmacy (they all have them). I put them on. Take a new safety pin from a box of 100 I bought for a dollar at Walmart. then i prick the white head at its top.

Be careful when pricking that all you prick is the top of the bubble. If you hit the sides or inside of the pore it will scar the pore!

Then what happens next depends on the size and consistency of the pus. also depends on its location on my face.

i either apply gentle pressure with my gloved fingers. or i place a tear of clean cleanex over it which draws out the pus.

its important to be gentle because even with a pinhole it is still possible to press to hard causing a rupture that shoots the pus and scars the pore.

I never go until i see blood. that is just overkill and will scar you. if you are gentle enough you will see clear first before you see blood. that is when you stop. even if a little pus is left that will exist by itself or is easily carried away by your body.

i then finish with a small round band aid. i put a little neosporin on it (white kind not the clear kind). I get the sensitive skin bandaids which wont stick to ur skin like glue.

therefore its important to pop at night so you can have as many hours as possible to keep the zit covered and moist. this ensures proper healing without scarring.

The clear neosporin is really thick and greasy - it's broken some members out. But if it works for you, then that's okay!

Remember not to squeeze :P

If I squeeze by accident (overall stopped picking/squeezing) , I make sure to wash my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser and put on lotion/Paula's Choice 2% Gel and it's ok.

I use clindomyacin gel that I got from the Doctor if I have any open spots. You can buy generic, which is totally cheap, especially if you have insurance.

So I've had this pustule for a week. It didn't get any smaller so this morning I squeezed with needle + shower. Did it too hard.

Looks like I didn't keep my resolution.

But this is not going away. It's huge and horrible. I've used ice, profen, squeezing, BP, antibacterials etc...

what do i do?

Keep it clean and moisturized (not oily, just don’t let it dry out) and wait for it to heal. It's a hole in your skin :P

Vitamin C is used in cell regeneration, if I ever get cut or scraped I take extra to make sure my body gets all it can use, you could try that.

So I've had this pustule for a week. It didn't get any smaller so this morning I squeezed with needle + shower. Did it too hard.

Looks like I didn't keep my resolution.

But this is not going away. It's huge and horrible. I've used ice, profen, squeezing, BP, antibacterials etc...

what do i do?