Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stapleton22

What Vitamins do you take daily?

Okay so I am starting this because I am wondering what vitamins everybody takes and what the vitamins do for your acne or scarring.

I am taking 500mg of GNC Vitamin C tablets. I take one pill a day. Doesn anyone know if I should use 1000mg pills of Vitamin C? I use these pills for my scarring.

I also take TWINLAB Omega 3 Fish oil pills. I've been impressed with these pills they have kept my inflation down a ton!

I also take 30mg of Zinc per day. Its the GNC brand. This helps with acne/scarring.

All these pills really help with cleaning out your immune system and somewhat help with scarring and acne issues.

Well now that I have told you what Vitamins I take each day, tell me what you all take. I would love to get some new ideas from all of you. So please Share! :dance:

ready for this... i take a lot!

Pyylluim husk fiber in the morning on an empty tummy

Kal brand "blemish guard" x2 daily - has vit A,C, E, and a bunch of other good stuff

B5- 10 mg daily

B-Complex 2x daily

Vitex 3x daily to reglate my crazy hormones

Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 complex

garlic oil softgels 2x daily

calcuim 2x daily

zinc 1x daily

a green multiple

• High vitamin Cod liver oil 2-3 tsp (gives about 20-30.000 IU vitamin A and 2-3.000 IU D)
  • 3 capsules Vitamin D3 giving 3000 IU (winter only)
  • Ascorbic acid powder 500-1000 mg
  • 2-3 drops Kelp extract, 1.83mg iodine per drop.
I think that's about it!

• High vitamin Cod liver oil 2-3 tsp (gives about 20-30.000 IU vitamin A and 2-3.000 IU D)
  • 3 capsules Vitamin D3 giving 3000 IU (winter only)
  • Ascorbic acid powder 500-1000 mg
  • 2-3 drops Kelp extract, 1.83mg iodine per drop.
I think that's about it!

I first started taking these and after about a month my acne was reduced by a lot. Not all vitamins though, I listed herbs too.

Cod Liver Oil

B-Complex

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Zinc

Chromium picolinate

Lecithin

Later I added these and acne cleared up even more but I dont know if it was from adding these or just more improvments from taking the stuff I listed above.

Calcium (mineral)

Magnesium Citrate (mineral)

Iron (Mineral)

I just added these to my regimen this past week in hopes that it'll completely get rid of my acne. At this point I only have a couple small white heads compared to the several cystic blemishes I would always have before I started taking supplements.

Acidophilus (Probiotic)

Ginger Root Extract (Anti Inflammatory)

Tumeric (Anti Inflammatory)

Blueberry leaf Extract (Antioxidant)

St. Johns Wort (Stress relief,Anti Inflammatory)

I'm planning to add these since I've heard good things about them with helping get rid of acne.

saw palmeto

MSM

I'm probably going to stop taking the blueberry extract and st johns wort to reduce how many pills im taking...kind of seems like over kill to me.

These are the pills I pop every day

Vit c 1000mg

Aloe vera powder

saw palmetto x 2

Vit B Complex

Skin, Hair & Nails vit

Evening Primrose Oil & Starflower 1000mg

Cod Liver Oil 1100mg

Zinc 30mg

Indinium

Acidophillus

Flaxseed/Linseed 1000mg x 2

MSM 1000mg x 4

Spriulina

I hate pill popping!

MAN, it surprises me how many people take so many pills. But to tell you the truth, some of us loose a lot of what our body needs throughout the day. Whether its from working out or whatever, we use up a lot of the daily nutrients our body needs to keep our skin and insides healthy. So are vitamins really all some of us need to treat our acne problems?

Thank you for sharing all your vitamins to. I have another question.

Since there are so many different B-complex's. which one do I take, 25, 50, 75? Please Share

Cod Liver oil (liquid form)- about 2.00 grams (2 teaspoons) [for acne]

Saw Palmetto Extract (soft gels)- 640 mg (2 soft gels) [for stoping further hair loss]

Zinc (tablet form)- 100mg (1 tablet) [for acne scars]

Liquid multi vitamin/mineral formula [not regularly taken]

Cod liver oil

Fish oil

Calcium +vit D

+ Zinc

isn't taking more then 50mg of Zinc per day toxic?

taking 100mg+ for a very long period, yes, it will be eventually

in long term yes. I am eventually lowering it to 50mg. Besides I take a liquid multivitamin sometimes that contains copper.

Cod liver oil

Fish oil

Calcium +vit D

+ Zinc

taking 100mg+ for a very long period, yes, it will be eventually

I take so much zinc that I got wolverine healing - literally.

Omega + DHA/LPA

Oscal Vit D + Calcium

Prenatal Vitamins

Plus loads of vegies! The best vitamins you can get are from normal food absorption.

WOOOOOO just bought a bunch of vitamins from GNC. I am wondering which ones I take with water and which ones i take with food. Also what times of the day I take them. Please share how you take your vitamins

Okay so I am starting this because I am wondering what vitamins everybody takes and what the vitamins do for your acne or scarring.

I am taking 500mg of GNC Vitamin C tablets. I take one pill a day. Doesn anyone know if I should use 1000mg pills of Vitamin C? I use these pills for my scarring.

I also take TWINLAB Omega 3 Fish oil pills. I've been impressed with these pills they have kept my inflation down a ton!

I also take 30mg of Zinc per day. Its the GNC brand. This helps with acne/scarring.

All these pills really help with cleaning out your immune system and somewhat help with scarring and acne issues.

Well now that I have told you what Vitamins I take each day, tell me what you all take. I would love to get some new ideas from all of you. So please Share! :dance:

I take the same one's you do. I don't want to go overboard, so I jsut take those. It can get pretty insane when you take a bijillion vitamins - it makes me feel like an old person. It also makes me feel like I should go out and buy one of those "pill dispenser's" that are segregated into days of the week. :lol:

Immediately waking up in the morning on an empty stomach- Two 400 mg capsules of Vitex (agnus castus)

After breakfast- Some probiotic from GNC (acidophilus)... will be stopping soon though after a months use (only took it because I've been on antibiotics and birth control pills)

Sometime during the day- A couple teaspoons of flax oil

Before bed on an empty stomach- 1 B-complex vitamin ... and then I take 50 mg of zinc every other night.

(May be adding Dong Quai soon for hormone balancing purposes....)

I eat a very nutrient-rich diet (see my link below for more info), so I get most of my vitamins through my foods (which is ideal), but I also take a food-based multi-vitamin (no synthetics), vitamin D, and fish oil. Occasionally, I'll add in other things, but on a daily basis, this is what I take. I don't believe in taking a lot of supplements. Our food should be our medicine! Blended leafy greens did more for me than any supplement (cleared my skin within 6 weeks!)

so should I not be taking all those danm vitamins, and just get them from food and maybe like 1 or 2 supplements

Yes, but be sure to eat a food rich in high-nutrient foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts/seeds, beans/legumes! You might find this link helpful on what supplements to take: http://www.drfuhrman.com/VAdvisor/default.aspx. I love Dr. Fuhrman's health information, and he has excellent products. :)

thank you very much mam. And how many green drinks should i have a day? I usually have been doing one justi n the morning, and then taking my vitamins throughout the day with very healthy meals. But unfotunately my vitamins almost poisoned my liver and I was coughing blood up and snot for a long time. Now I think I am just going to try the green drink in the morning. Then I will eat healthy foods throughout the day

b complex vitamin and 1000 mg (2000mg on some days) of Taurine, and I'm trying to remove as many sources of fructose from my diet as I can.