Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stellaluna

How To Get Rid Of Red Marks...PAY ATTENTION! :)

Posted

Hello everyone!

I went through 3 1/2 years of acne hell and came out a little bit scarred, a little bit bruised, but mostly red! lol Along the way, I discovered a lot and hopefully my post will help others too. Right now I'm 98% clear (no acne, no red marks) and here's how I did it:

NOTHING! if you can believe that. ok, I think i should explain before people get frustrated. The routine I was using before was very very irritating to my skin:

Morning: Aveeno Clear Complexion Face Wash w/ 2% Salisylic Acid

Oxy 2.5% BP

Moisturizer: Aveeno Clear Complexion w/ 2% Salisylic Acid

Night: See above - Moisturizer

So as you can see SALISYLIC ACID IS THE DEVIL. IT IS WHAT MAKES AND KEEPS YOUR SKIN RED AND BLOTCHY

It took me about 8 months to figure this out. I was so obsessed w/ not ever breaking out that I sticked to this routine obsessively. It took me a little while to wean myself off of this method, but around November 2003 I switched my whole routine and it CLEARED MY REDNESS IN 3 MONTHS.

MY NEW ROUTINE:

Morning: Cytiphile Face Wash

moisturizer: Neutrogena Sensative Skin

Night *pay attention*:

Cytiphile Face Wash

2.5 % BP BUT I ONLY PUT IT ON ACTIVE ZITS THAT ARE ABOUT TO COME TO THE SURFACE. STOP PUTTING BP ALL OVER YOUR FACE AND OVER THE OLD ZITS!!!! IT ONLY MAKES IT REDDER!

I know some people will find this hard to swallow, but please trust me! Any acne that may form---just BP the hell out of IT and NOT YOU WHOLE face! This way, the redness should clear up in, like I said 8-10 weeks.

I know that patience is a virtue, but I'm seeing results and my skin is clear and I dont wear concelear (I recommend Maybelline True Illusion-I wore it for 12 hrs a day EVERYDAY and I never broke out) and it feels so good to stand next to somebody and not have to worry about them looking at my skin and them being disgusted and me being ashamed.

Goodluck, and Godspeed

Stella T

Posted

where do u get them both from??

Posted

Can you please list the exact name of the products that you used and where you bought them, please. I can actually believe what you're saying :-k because bp can irritate your skin. In the past I have put too much bp on my entire face and the next morning I would be red. So I believe what you're saying and I'm willing to give it a try, just list them please. biggrin.gif

Posted

Hmmm thats strange, I found that BP has minimized my red marks. In bout 3 weeks, all marks were (almost) unnoticable.

Posted

I use Tazorac every night and its clearned up almost all of my red marks and i use the taz on the same spots nightly

Posted

Hi there,

Sorry for being so vague! Ok, here is my current regime:

Morning: Cetaphyl Cleanser wash face and give 15-20 min to dry

Moisturizer: Neutrogena for Sensative Skin (Dan recommends it under Products)

After my skin has dried, I apply the moisturizer and then my make up (Maybelline True Illusion)

la la la the day goes by

Night: Cetaphyl Cleanser to take of my make up. Give 15-20 min to dry skin

Then I apply 2.5% BP (I use Oxy but Neutrogena works just the same I'd imagine) ONLY ON SPOTS THAT ARE COMING UP. Not on my whole face, just on active acne.

And then I go off to bed.

I've been doing this method since late November and I've had fantastic results. Give yourself some patience (its a virtue lol) and you'll definately see results. Don't get paranoid that you're acne will re-activate! If it does, just spot treatment, don't go overboard!

All the products that I've mentioned (Oxy, Cetaphyl, Neutrogena) I bought at the local drug store but you can find them pretty much anywhere - Wal-Mart, the supermarket.