Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
will1066

Don't think I'll ever be happy

Acne is such a pyschological disease, the part most people who don't have acne don't understand. It's more than vanity. It erodes self-confidence, chips away at it over years and years. It alters the mindset of the victim, in a gradual, subversive process. It undermines. It corrodes relationships with others. It oppresses. It frustrates. It is relentless. It is unforgiving.

For those who have been able to kick it for good, I congratulate you. I've seen so many posts here from people who were able to kick it, only to revert back. It all appears hopeless. Any "cure" is temporary. During those rare times I've been clear, I always hope it was for good. Now I know better; it's just borrowed time. Time until the next breakout. I will know better than to be happy. I will know better than to get ahead of myself. I'm pyschologically defeated at this point.

At least u know u are not alone, since there are so many ppl with this feelings..

I have a question 4 anybody regarding this topic that kind of bothers me now:

Do you think that acne-caused personality alternations will ever go away? It may sound stupid but...

I remember myself being shy before acne and its nothing compared to my complete lack of self-esteem right now. But my skin is better for like 3-4 months now and theres no change in psychological side...and there are many other things like lost hobbies not coming back etc etc.

I am just wondering if this state of inability to feel happy and confident isnt leading us to Apathy.

Ya, the physocological problems are definitely still there... But then again it may have to do with my scars. I think a very important aspect of life is to love yourself. Once you do that you may find it easier to love others. Everyone has flaws, everyone feels this way, some find it easier. Im trying to get into meditation.

the defeat is only temporary...... lick your wounds and get back in the fight..... acne and the mind altering side effects can be beaten.....

Acne is such a pyschological disease, the part most people who don't have acne don't understand. It's more than vanity. It erodes self-confidence, chips away at it over years and years. It alters the mindset of the victim, in a gradual, subversive process. It undermines. It corrodes relationships with others. It oppresses. It frustrates. It is relentless. It is unforgiving.

For those who have been able to kick it for good, I congratulate you. I've seen so many posts here from people who were able to kick it, only to revert back. It all appears hopeless. Any "cure" is temporary. During those rare times I've been clear, I always hope it was for good. Now I know better; it's just borrowed time. Time until the next breakout. I will know better than to be happy. I will know better than to get ahead of myself. I'm pyschologically defeated at this point.

Ya, the physocological problems are definitely still there... But then again it may have to do with my scars. I think a very important aspect of life is to love yourself. Once you do that you may find it easier to love others. Everyone has flaws, everyone feels this way, some find it easier. Im trying to get into meditation.

I know for sure that if/when my acne goes away my "pshycological problems" will also dissapear, cause i know that i am behaving this way because i feel helpless,ashamed and ugly. i will get back my life and my "real" personality will 'wake up' again. this is just awful.. i'm not feeling sorry for my self or anything, i just want the acne to be goooone!!!!

I know for sure that if/when my acne goes away my "pshycological problems" will also dissapear, cause i know that i am behaving this way because i feel helpless,ashamed and ugly. i will get back my life and my "real" personality will 'wake up' again. this is just awful.. i'm not feeling sorry for my self or anything, i just want the acne to be goooone!!!!
yes acne can be a destructive force, but only if you let it.

the fact that you are letting something so common in nature destroy your confidence and the love of your own persona is pretty damn weak. i can easily see that other non acne related problems will affect your "personality"

strength and confidence is all in the mind. in a physical sense, we are all equal, one way or the other.

Acne does f**k with your self esteem. And those clear moments are great, but all the more devistating when they're over. And when they're over, they're over for at least a few months.

People who don't suffer from Acne don't understand, especially people I know.

I don't like having pictures taken of me. I dread it when someone pulls out a camera, and I can't tell you how many times my friends have shown me pics of myself that I wasn't even aware they had taken.

They have to sneak. And they don't understand why I hide from the camera, because I'm "such a beautiful girl". Guys are always wanting to take pics with me. I'm flattered and annoyed at the same time because I'm just not gonna do it.

Hiding also brings more attention to me, which I hate. But I'd rather fight and hide than have someone showing my picture off, and I have connect the dots all all over my face.

It's a social curse, but for those of us who are really feeling it, we have to fight it. I don't like that I'm not in any pictures. If I keep it up, I'll end up forgotten.

the fact that you are letting something so common in nature destroy your confidence and the love of your own persona is pretty damn weak. i can easily see that other non acne related problems will affect your "personality"

strength and confidence is all in the mind. in a physical sense, we are all equal, one way or the other.

My breakout's ended, and I have no active lesions *at the moment* (and I stress that). I do have several stains left over. Am I happy? Well, yeah, since the company Christmas party is on Monday. Relieved? Yeah. But I'm also worried. The worry never ends. :(

.strength and confidence is all in the mind. in a physical sense, we are all equal, one way or the other