Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this has probably been discussed before but, I'm interested to get views on which is the best topical product for acne. I read that the retinoids are good, BP is good and azelaic acid is good. I'd just like to get some info if anyone can help. thanks if you can :)

Well, it all depends on your skin, however, iv tried most of them, including:

- BP (normal ones, 2.5%/5%, ones with antibiotics, ones with other chemicals in them ect)

- Salicylic acid (pads, washes, soaps, gels, lotions ect)

- Topical antiobiotics

- Sulphur (actinac)

but nothing comes close to Differin (0.1%), the thing that cleared me up great ::)

im yet to try azelaic acid, maybe i will sometime soon :)

I know this has probably been discussed before but, I'm interested to get views on which is the best topical product for acne. I read that the retinoids are good, BP is good and azelaic acid is good. I'd just like to get some info if anyone can help. thanks if you can :)

hey if you try differin and it doesn't fully clear you ask your GP for Retin-A, the 0.025% gel is the only thing that has been able to clear me 100%

things i tried -

various antibiotics oral and topical

BP

AHA;s BHA's (paulas choice 8% glycolic acid gel and 2% salicylic acid liquid)

azelaic acid

and Differin 0.1

I've tried very little topically, iv done courses of antibiotics and now am on roaccutane and this is doing great really, its took its time but il be off it for new year which is great because then i can have a drink and thats 1 of the biggest downsides to roaccutane, u cant drink for liver circumstances im told. anyway cheers for the info, so in a nutshell, you'd say BP is the worst out of the 3? cheers

Hi first post

I am currently using Oxy on the spot as cream and eucerin as a mosturiser. Could you tell me what you think was the best facewash.

Thanks