Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woahwoahwoah

how do you deal with this type of acne/ pimples

I was browsing the gallery's and noticed this dude who has really similar skin to mine. red stretched bumpy red skin marks. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=18786

im visiting a derm within 2 weeks i was wondering is there anyway of bringing that sort of inflammation down in the mean time. mine is worse than his cos i have slightly more of them red marks im talking about and mines more inflamed. i have started washing my face less and usng no products as most things irritate my skin. although this is bringing the redness down im gettin relly bumpy skin tht is gettin clogged with blackheads.

any suggestions.? would aloe vera gel help? cheers

This is a pet peeve of mine. How can you say your acne is worse than his? You are never trapped in another persons body. A brain disorder is one thing but look wise, come on. Anyway, ask for azelex cream. It might help. I dont know for sure though

This is a pet peeve of mine. How can you say your acne is worse than his? You are never trapped in another persons body. A brain disorder is one thing but look wise, come on. Anyway, ask for azelex cream. It might help. I dont know for sure though

No need to read to deep into it- i just meant my acne is more aggravated than his, not that his life is worse than mine and i was using him as an example as i havent seen any other threads about that type of spot.

I was browsing the gallery's and noticed this dude who has really similar skin to mine. red stretched bumpy red skin marks. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=18786

im visiting a derm within 2 weeks i was wondering is there anyway of bringing that sort of inflammation down in the mean time. mine is worse than his cos i have slightly more of them red marks im talking about and mines more inflamed. i have started washing my face less and usng no products as most things irritate my skin. although this is bringing the redness down im gettin relly bumpy skin tht is gettin clogged with blackheads.

any suggestions.? would aloe vera gel help? cheers

There are some non-irritating ways to reduce inflamation that you might try. Applying ice to the inflamed areas a few times a day can help reduce redness and swelling. You can wrap the ice in a paper towel or plastic baggie so it doesn't sit right against your skin. Leave the ice on for a few minutes, then take it off for a few, then reapply for a few.

Also, provided you are not allergic to them you can take over the counter antinflamatory pain killers like ibuprofin or Aleve. These may help reduce inflamation as well.

I guess if you are seeing a derm soon, I wouldn't start any new products now. Have you been on any prescription acne medications before?

The picture isn't very good. I don't know whether its red mark or scar or acne. Looks like a combination of red mark and acne to me.

I say for now a combination of both aloe vera gel and BP would be good. Aloe vera is gentle and has soothing effects for irritation, it also helps red marks as well. BP I advise you use for spot treating. Use gentle products to prevent futher irritation.

If you go to the derm, ask for retinoid or some antibiotic topicals. Retinoid can be use for red marks and acne while antibiotic is use for inflame acne as it kills bacteria and reduce inflammation.

No need to read to deep into it- i just meant my acne is more aggravated than his, not that his life is worse than mine and i was using him as an example as i havent seen any other threads about that type of spot.

Oh I see