Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss_Prolixity

Interesting...

This has never happened to me before, so I found this to be extrememly interesting. About three days ago a pimple formed inside of an ice pick scar. I actually didn't mind the pimple because you couldn't see the hole (ice pick scar) anymore.

Anyways, the pimple is now gone and I don't see the hole anymore. Has this happened to anyone else before? If yes, does the hole return? As of now I am pretty ecstatic with the result but I don't want to get my hopes up. 8-[

Hi Miss P!

I have had something like this happen before. Last may I performed a disastrous home dermabrasion. Ever since that time the area I treated has been breaking out. However once each pimple heals it seems the area is raised up a little higher and looks better. It is almost as if my body is creating inflammation there to trigger healing. I would think that this is kind of what a non ablative laser would do. As for your situation, I don't really know, but I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Anna

Not unheard of at all.

There was this guy on another board who posted about his way of treating scars: he would rub and irritate the pits until a pimple formed and after the pimples went away the scars were improved.

Thank you so much for your replies, Anna and Joylovepeace. It is great to hear that this might be something more than temporary. biggrin.gif/

Right now I am in the process of receiving Smoothbeam treatments ( 4 in total ) and although I've seen improvement on saucer type scars, I didn't see much improvement on ice pick scars. So, having one less ice pick is something to be ventured. biggrin.gif

That concept sounds really interesting..Some guy provokes his skin to break out and when the pimple heals the scar heals as well. *wow..that does make sense in my mind. The only thing is..how would you provoke that particular area alone?..I wouldn't want the smooth skin to break out.

You could also end up worsening the scar and making a bigger hole in your face. If it happens and its better, great, but actually purposefully trying to get a new spot in a scarred area is completely absurd in my opinion.

It could be that you haven't fully healed yet in that area, or it could be just a fluke occurrence. I'd take a wait and see approach for a couple of months. Feel free to update us. smile.gif

I posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty happy too. (anyone remember?) However, the hole came back when the zit was completely gone. Whether the size changed or not I am not sure, at least it was not noticeable if at all.

It could be that the inflammation hasnt gone down yet (from the second bout with acne), thus resulting in raised skin. Depending on the size, the inflammation could just be taking a while to subside. I hope not but its just a thought.