Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emanne

Geranium Essential Oil

Posted

Hi there,

I'm female, 24. Have had zits since 6th grade, constant zits of all kinds, and was always trying to get rid of them. I think one of the reasons I could never get clear skin is because I would buy a product, use it for a short while, and when there was no miraculous change, I'd give up and switch to the next one. Seems a bit silly... and expensive... yet I couldn't help hoping for that magic product that would instantly start to work.

So it turns out I found my magical product a few weeks ago! I can barely believe it works this well. It feels like a dream or something. My sister said it's like my complexion has done a complete 180 degree turnaround, and that was only a couple days after I started my new regime. I'm pretty much ecstatic, by the way. My roommate suggested I try it, and I googled it and it seemed promising. I've known of these message boards for some time, and I always knew that if I found a solution to my acne I would post on here right away.

All I do is wash my face twice a day and afterwards I use a simple moisturizer that I've added a couple of drops of Geranium essential oil to (I mix them in the palm of my hand). It smells great too, by the way : )

Cheers and good luck,

--EmAnne

Posted

hi emanne!

I a happy you found something that works for you!

Is it the pure geranium essential oil? If so, you can also use it in a steam facial. Add about 3 drops in the hot water bowl and cover your head with a towel. Then you can apply a clay mask. I have used many times this way ( in a steam facial) but i never tried geranium in a moisturizer.

Thanks for the great idea!

Posted

yes - geranium is a cooling oil - Lavender is very good as well. Try JoJobah oil sometime as a moisturizer. this is the closest thing to sebum that skin produces.

Always remember that the only thing that disolves oil is --- oil. Oil Control Method.

Posted

This must be the new thing, I recommend lavender or tea tree oil.

Posted

Cosmetic use of geranium essential oil preventing cellulite

In skincare, it is mostly used to balance the skin and to create a balance between oily and dry skin, since it has the unique properties to balance sebum production in the skin (because it is an adrenal cortex stimulant), making it invaluable for those with combination, dry, dehydrated, or oily skin.

Due to this balancing action, it helps to boost and improve the elasticity of the skin.

For people suffering with acne, who are burdened with an over-oily, as well as congested and sluggish skin, geranium is a God-send, as it not only helps to reduce sebum production and return it to normal levels, it also helps to clear the congestion from the skin.

It is helpful in relieving water retention and swelling, as it stimulates the lymphatic system, making it an excellent ingredient to use to prevent cellulite.

Geranium essential oil also calms irritated skin, clearing acne, boosting poor circulation, and helping to sort out bruises, burns, cuts and eczema.

When boosting the lymphatic system, excess water that may have been retained in the tissue is also released, which again translates into a firmer skin - also excellent if used when wishing to prevent cellulite.

Apart from all these good qualities it also helps to speed up healing due to its cicatrisant properties, making it excellent for promoting healing of any minor wound, ulcer, sore or burn.

General information on geranium oil preventing cellulite

Geranium essential oil is extracted from the plant Pelargonium graveolens or P. odorantissimum, of the Geraniaceae family. It is mostly colorless, but can have a slight light green tinge to it, and has a watery viscosity.

The essential oil is composed of various chemical constituents and includes the following: alpha pinene, geranic, geranyl acetate, geranyl butyrate, linalool, myrcene, limonene, citronellol, methone and geraniol.

The therapeutic properties of geranium essential oil in skincare include it as being an astringent, antiseptic, tonic, antibiotic and anti-infectious.

Posted

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing this info Emanne. I have been interested in essential oils for sometime, and hearing that oil can control oil makes sense to me, and it just seems healthy. Can anyone recommend a place to buy good quality geranium oil?