Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrinceD

Steroid for Raised acne scar~

My doctor injected small dose of steroid into my keroid raised acne scar that were there for years.... but not red color though, it is same color as my skin, 14 hours passed by, still dont see improvement...sigh.... I consulted with a comestic and a dermatologist, they said steroid is a better option and can remove it... maybe I have to be patient and wait few days for the drug to work.....

Have you guys try steroid before? If steroid inject into a new acne, then the acne should disappear really fast~ I also heard abt man injected too much steroid with make him sterile...............................

I am thinking about going for the smoothbeam...... 6 session maybe, please gimme some recommendation people, please....

hello? Ppl , say something plz!!!!!!

i got 3 of those done yesterday.

hurt like a bitch.

i havent really noticed a change yet, but i assume we should wait a week to see any improvement.

I had it done to a few raised scars. I think there is some improvement but I have to go back and get more again.

Guest sm_oore

Yeah mine took a while to go down.

Give it a few weeks.

Its now been 4 days since i last posted here. Now I can barely feel my raised scars. There is still a lump but it is 5x smaller than before. I assume it will continue to get better with more time.

Thank you for giving me some hope. I just came back from the plastic surgeons office. (what a day to go though....nasty snow storm). Anyways I went to see him regarding a skin ulcer that was on the right side of my chin. Thanks to LILT it healed over but I am left with dead skin scar tissue. He figures a cyst may be underneath the tissue but anyways he said that if he were to remove the dead skin scar tissue that more dead skin scar tissue would just grow back. So we are going to try a steroid injection...I would imagine one would just have to be patient and the injection wouldnt make things worse off than they are already are..but possibly better?

Please provide some feedback...greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for giving me some hope. I just came back from the plastic surgeons office. (what a day to go though....nasty snow storm). Anyways I went to see him regarding a skin ulcer that was on the right side of my chin. Thanks to LILT it healed over but I am left with dead skin scar tissue. He figures a cyst may be underneath the tissue but anyways he said that if he were to remove the dead skin scar tissue that more dead skin scar tissue would just grow back. So we are going to try a steroid injection...I would imagine one would just have to be patient and the injection wouldnt make things worse off than they are already are..but possibly better?

Thanks

Have you guys try steroid before? If steroid inject into a new acne, then the acne should disappear really fast~ I also heard abt man injected too much steroid with make him sterile...............................

Thanks

Thanks

I got a keloid raised on the right side of my chin bone area~ It look flatter now....but not completely flat............. I am still waiting, the other side have one small one, but still no effect...... maybe need a while like hey said..............I'll wait...

for me, it was ok, no bleeding for me, some people might, I heard . after you r injected, might see a redness or inflame..for few hours. Then should return to usual~

I just had 10 of these injections to my chest yesterday. It wasn't anything too painful, it was interesting to feel how different scars create different degrees of pain per shot. The doctor told me that I should start to notice results in 4-6 weeks, but it's very possible that I could use a second round of injections. Plus I think she missed a few locations because I have so many scars on my chest. There was a lot of blood because it was over so vast an area and they didn't really bother to bandage it because it would've been pointless anyways. All and all, I'm super excited to get these things flattened.

I was told by my doctor that steriod injections should not be administered to the nose! And I have 3 raised scars there! The injection worked great for my raised scars on cheek!

How big does the raised area of scarring have to be to qualify you for a steroid injection do you think? Cuase i have some raised scarring on my chin, and to give you an example, one of the scars is about the size of a medium sized whitehead spot.

for me, it was ok, no bleeding for me, some people might, I heard . after you r injected, might see a redness or inflame..for few hours. Then should return to usual~