Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aquamarine

Does Benzac get rid of your scars as well??

Hi there,

I've been on the regime for about two weeks now and I've really noticed a difference. My skin tone has really evened out and is no longer red. No more thick ugly foundation for me! Some of my scars have faded somewhat as well, so has anyone else found that benzac gets rid of their scars? (mine are sort of reddy-purpley patches) Is it worth trying a AHA product as well?? I'm in Australia and I've had a look at the neostrata stuff in the chemist, has anyone tried it??

Thanks!

Hey,

Benzac won't get rid of scars. It can bleach the skin, so in turn making your skin look more white, lessoning the look of the redness. But the red purpley patches you mention sound like the type that will fade in time anyway!

Neostrata is okay, but a little strong to add to the benzac though. (i once tried) It's better to use one or the other, and most chemists don't get the better products in the Neostrata range anyway. Only a small amount of the range get to Australia!

Good Luck--

In the past, using this BP regimine has evened out my skintone big time. Scaring usually does not refer to the purple, pink, red, or other Deep discolored dots under the skin after acne has left. Stick with the regimine, and in 6-8 weeks if you take before and after pics you will see a huge difference in those blotchy color spots. At least I did. Also check out the photo gallery, other people had the same types of results with BP, A big plus in my book. Using a good moisterizer/with spf of at least 15 that is dermatologist approved will help your skin feel more soft and supple, not smooth it out.

hope this helps you out

acne sucks

Hi there,

I've been on the regime for about two weeks now and I've really noticed a difference. My skin tone has really evened out and is no longer red. No more thick ugly foundation for me! Some of my scars have faded somewhat as well, so has anyone else found that benzac gets rid of their scars? (mine are sort of reddy-purpley patches) Is it worth trying a AHA product as well?? I'm in Australia and I've had a look at the neostrata stuff in the chemist, has anyone tried it??

Thanks!

Benzac won't do anything for skin tone...even tho it is a very mild exfoliant. You need some kind of aha or bha product. Neutrogena multi vitamin was an aha that people were talking about a few months back. There are cheap and cheery options too....an aspirin mask (bha) and using diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner.