Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pipi

How to use Retin A the correct way

My sister she is taking dermatology class in med school and she told me her prof told her the way she use retin A is wrong. She need to put the retin A a lot on her face and need to finish a tube in a week? Ehm for me that sound a lot. Any comment???

Well the way doctors and the drug literature tells you is to use very little...However I think I read that Dr. Fulton noted that you want to use it strongly to get the peeling effect going. That way all that gunk comes out of your skin...It makes sense to me...

My sister she is taking dermatology class in med school and she told me her prof told her the way she use retin A is wrong. She need to put the retin A a lot on her face and need to finish a tube in a week? Ehm for me that sound a lot. Any comment???

I never really followed the directions from day 1 for Tazorac, and I'm not doing it now either! I use about one pea size drop (pretty big) per cheek, one per temple, and one per forhead. It ends up being 5-6 squeezes every night, and I'm running low no my standard 30g tube.

It's been about 1.5 months and I'm seeing some great results.

I guess the thing is for Retinoids is that they are all approved only to treat Acne, not scarring. In which case if you follow those directions to use a tiny amount it should be enough for acne.

Excess can prove to be toxic. All of this stuff gets absorbed into your skin, can end up in the kidneys/liver.

It definitely *does* end up in the liver, but this is maybe 0.2g per day. I used to take nearly 1g a day on Accutane!

Excess can prove to be toxic. All of this stuff gets absorbed into your skin, can end up in the kidneys/liver.

It definitely *does* end up in the liver, but this is maybe 0.2g per day. I used to take nearly 1g a day on Accutane!

But when you take accutane orally it goes through your stomach where some of the drug is destroyed by your stomach and other enzymes. When you absorb something through your skin you bypass all of this.

yahhh right never just put it on and use the bottle up in a week. it should take you almost 2m onths you have to put pea size amounts on at a time till youve covered all the acne.