Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure if this will work but I'm starting this thread because i know that there are people out there who are too shy or are not brave enough to say those three words to the one they love or are too scared to ask a girl or guy out because they are not confident.

I hold back from telling my boyfriend things, or doing things with my boyfriend because my acne makes me insecure. If there are others out there who feel insecure and don't have the guts to say things or miss out on opportunities because they are simply just not comfortable in their skin, I want to say to you that you're not alone.

I'm going to write a letter to my boyfriend here, and tell him things that I was too scared to tell him. I want everybody who feels like me to understand that acne WILL go away and in time we will be brave enough to say all the things we want to say to those we love. And the day that I have clear skin, I hope I can show my boyfriend this letter, and we can laugh about it because it's history.

If anybody has anything that they are too afraid to say, here's an opportunity to say it here.

So here goes:

Dearest boyfriend,

I'm sorry that I refuse to go out with you during the day. It's because I really love you and I feel really insecure about my scarring. I don't like when sunlight hits my face because it reveals all my scarring. That's why I reject you when you ask me to go outdoors. It's not because I'm not interested with spending time with you. It's because I only want you to see me as beautiful and perfect.

I know you think it's weird that I get stomach aches when we go swimming or make up excuses to get out of showering with you. I really wonder how it feels like to take a shower with someone you love. Is it as happy as how the movies make it look? I promise that one day we will find out together. I just don't want you to see my skin without makeup on.

I really hate wearing makeup. I like the feeling of having nothing on my face. I hate being paranoid of white pillows because I don't want my makeup to rub off and have you know that I wear something to cover my blemishes. But until then, I have to resort to wearing makeup all the time. That is why I always have to run to the washroom in the middle of the night to remove my makeup, and wake up an hour before you do so that you can wake up to a love with no acne.

I know you love me for who I am and probably don't care for my scarring, but I still feel unconfident. Thanks for telling me that I am beautiful because if it were not for your encouragement, I may not be as motivated to fight for clear skin.

I am happy that you are finally reading this, because it means that I am clear :)

Aww! =]

Most people would probably frown and ask what the big deal is, and that acne isn't so bad. Of course, the people who say it are the ones who virtually don't get it at all. Gotta look at it form our perspective, because it really has affected me emotionally. All I want is my self-confidence back, i've lost too many people i've cared about because I felt insecure with myself due to acne.

I've had my eye on a few girls at my school, but as stated, I just feel too insecure.

I've written a letter to my ex telling her that i don't hate her and i forgive her for what she did to me. Life is too short to harbour grudges, especially with someone you love.

wow that was touching.

if this man is someone you can dearly trust with all your heart.

maybe its time to show him.

well thanks for sharing your side of the story. it really helps.

:boohoo:

That letter was really nice and its very easy for me to relate to it...

"And the day that I have clear skin" - I kind of hate phrases like this, because life is fading away right now and waiting for some day that might not even come drives me insane. I dont have a gf and am not rushing into a relationship, I just want to live...

I've written a letter to my ex telling her that i don't hate her and i forgive her for what she did to me. Life is too short to harbour grudges, especially with someone you love.
Most people would probably frown and ask what the big deal is, and that acne isn't so bad. Of course, the people who say it are the ones who virtually don't get it at all. Gotta look at it form our perspective, because it really has affected me emotionally. All I want is my self-confidence back, i've lost too many people i've cared about because I felt insecure with myself due to acne.

Hi Lord!

I think you should give him your letter now, today, soon. Before you're clear. He needs to know that it is not him; he needs to know your behavior is a result of your insecurity. It is amazing what honesty can do for a relationship. If you keep avoiding things with him he will begin to think it is him; he may draw back. Don't let that happen! Please just open up to him, give him the letter. Let him read it while you're nearby. Then you can talk and likely have an even better relationship together.

What did she do to you? If you don't mind me asking..

And what was her response to the letter?

What did she do to you? If you don't mind me asking..

And what was her response to the letter?

That is so so beautiful it almost made me cry because it reflects on my alot.

I have the most Wonderful boyfriend and plan to be engaged!,but theres a big problem that i cant get over...i have acne.

i've had trouble with it for 2 or 3 years and its been hard. I lost friends because i wouldnt spend much time with them in the outdoors.

I hate going out in to the sun SPecialy with my boyfriend. Im tired of it. Im tired of hiding my

face from the sun , Im tired of seeing all those girl with clear soft skin and that not being me!.

All i wish for is soft, smooth, clear skin so that i can finally break free from this insecure me.

I havent gone out much with my bf to dinner which i would love love love to do but i cant.

theres to many things that will worrie me and i woulnd problably have a crazy insecure moment out somewhere with my bf and it would just add on to my low self esteem.

I cant wait till the day have my beautiful skin. I will take care until then. i promise my self that i will be strong about it. That i will look right over the fact i have acne. My bf is a big help and makes me feel better with all his sweet things he says me.

I dont like wearing make up and my bf has made me comfertable enough to not wear any on my skin ((Except mascara because i love it and its no harm to my skin)).

But i dont wear concelor or powder around him. yeah only around him because when we go out i have to be sneeky and do my make up in the restroom and lie and saw im still not wearing none.

I cant wait for the day my dream comes true to have flawless skin but i will also not hurt myslef (my selfesteem)about not being a clear sking person. :dance::dance:

i was going to write a good bye letter to my first love to. but i ended up not because she didnt deserve it and screwed me over at the end.

i do wonder if we will ever speak again, since face book makes things like that easy in this day and age.

i remember seeing her in my hometown at x mass, we spoke, i had a go at her for what she did. she ran off crying and i got upset.

wrote her an email whilst drunk, saying is this still your email.

the guy she left me for wrote back, i didnt read it, deleted it and not seen or heard from her since.

:)

Ah this is such a touching post but it makes me wish I at least had a boyfriend...

I've recently just met this guy that I'm really interested in and he's just so sweet and seems amazing. He first came and talked to me when I thought I looked really terrible because I had broken out somewhat and my hair was up but he didn't seem to mind. I had to drop out of the class I had with him because I didn't take the prerequisites and it was way over my head. He waited for me to come to class in his truck twice and then walked me to class telling me how he missed me and would have helped.

Each time I've talked with him though I've been reserved and part of it was due to natural shyness but mostly due to how I felt about my face. Here was a guy that I really liked more than anyone I have met before and now my chance with him is slipping away. He just seemed so different than the other boys and just like he should be with me. Corny I know but I've liked guys before but no one has even seemed so... compatible with me as he has I guess... I haven't seen him for over 2 weeks now and he doesn't wait for me anymore. I'm afraid its because I was too reserved and he lost interest. It makes me really sad that the chance for a really good relationship might have been ruined by my lack in social skills and insecurity due to acne. :cry:

that was a really beautiful letter, lord. i can tell you really love him.

from the things you say that he does .. his actions towards you .. it doesn't seem that he'd hold anything against you. but i'm guessing it's not all about his reaction. it's the place you're in .. how you feel about yourself being the reason you're waiting to read this letter to him.

so all i can say is hope you read this letter to him as soon as you feel more comfortable about the issues you addressed. i think only good things can come from opening up to him like that.

i should prob write a letter to my ex, & guys that i've had unofficial relationships with .. but it'd mostly be profanity. maybe i'll actually give one of them a letter when the urge to say 'you motherfucker' in each paragraph goes away :teehee:

I just stumbled across this old post in reading the boards and I decided to write my girlfriend one as well. For the last several weeks, I have become completely withdrawn and reclusive. Im having anxiety attacks related to my skin. Every day I feel another monster brewing. I am so down and depressed right now.

I'm writing this letter/email to let you know I love you, fully and completely, for putting up me. Im sure by now you are so sick of hearing me bitch and whine about what I am going thru, but it is the only thing on my mind, 24/7. Im so sorry that Im not being the person you fell in love with, and for not being everything you want and need in a boyfriend right now. Im a completely different person from just a few weeks ago. I am really having a difficult time right now. Im crying while Im typing this. You are the only person I can confide in and I think that everyday it doesnt get better, the closer Im getting to the point where I not only making myself completely insane, but you too. I am physically and emotionally spent w/ this. I havent slept normally in weeks. I dont eat. Ive been in my room reading a fucking acne site for weeks. Its not as easy to say dont let it control you, you look fine, it'll get better or whatever. Its not getting better. Its getting worse everyday. Im sorry that you are going thru this with me. I would understand if you didnt want to anymore. It cant be easy dealing w/ me like this. All I can say is I understand and Im so sorry.

I made an appt w/ a different derm at the end of June and I will be demanding Accutane. I cannot continue living, if thats what it is, like this. If there's a chance that I can get rid of it forever, I need to take it. I will somehow have to deal with the side effects in the hope that in a few months after that, I wont have go thru this ever again. I hate myself for being like this and its completely embarrassing and disheartening to feel mentally incapable of dealing with this problem.

I want to be able to be like I was just a couple weeks ago. When I could wake up on a Saturday morning and just leave and go to breakfast with you. When I could just roll out of bed and go to the store for a paper. I cant. I am overcome w/ dread and anxiety. It hurts. I know how bad my face used to be and I see it coming back to the point again. Its nearly there now. My face hurts. I have these large inflammed spots right now that we take weeks to go away, and will leave a red mark for months. It is such a chore to be able to look in the mirror, when Im alone, and not completely break down. I know how I become when this happens and I dont want to be that person. But its not stopping, and its not getting better. I dont know what to do. I cant be a good person to myself, and I cant be what you need in life right now. I am beside myself with this shit, and I hate that it's affecting things between us. I dont want you to have your good time slighted by what Im going thru. I try to be positive with you when we talk or text, but really im just completely feeling horrible about myself. I really dont want to keep bringing it up but it affects me so much, every single fucking day, and you are my only outlet. I cant even watch tv, read or sleep without thinking about it. The other day I read about 5 pages and I didnt know I thing I read because I cant focus.

I want to be normal again, to be happy and care free. I want us to be normal again. I want to live a long happy life with you. I want to be excited about moving in and starting on a new chapter for the both of us. I hope that you know I want it. I hope that you really understand, and that you think enough of me to try to work thru this bad stretch. I feel like a loser, a failure. I want you to be proud of me. I dont want you to ever be embarrassed of being with me having giant red inflammations on my oil-slick face. I try so hard. It wreaks havoc on me, my confidence, my self esteem, and my total self. I feel so ugly when this happens. I dont want anyone to look at me; I wonder what they are thinking. I feel uglier that I cant even function like a normal person when this happens. Im so low right now.

I cant ask you to fully understand, and I cant expect that you'll never grow just completely fed up w/ me and be done with it. But I need you. You're the only good thing I have in my life, and Im ruining it. I am very very sorry for everything I am putting you thru. I hope that you can forgive me

I think some of these letters are touching, but acne shouldn't hold you back from these feelings. You don't have to wait until you are clear to let the person know your feelings. It may be hard, but you are keeping you from things in life, including love. Not acne.

I know it's cliched, but life is really too short not to go out on a limb and try to get what you want, including love. Because I wholeheartedly believe everybody deserves love, whether you agree with me or not. And no matter how hopeless it seems, life isn't static and it won't always be that way. But you can't idly stand by and hope that someone comes along. You have to reach out and take the risk. It won't always pay off, but even something as simple as telling someone that you like them is important. Even if it's terrifying.

I think some of these letters are touching, but acne shouldn't hold you back from these feelings. You don't have to wait until you are clear to let the person know your feelings. It may be hard, but you are keeping you from things in life, including love. Not acne.

I know it's cliched, but life is really too short not to go out on a limb and try to get what you want, including love. Because I wholeheartedly believe everybody deserves love, whether you agree with me or not. And no matter how hopeless it seems, life isn't static and it won't always be that way. But you can't idly stand by and hope that someone comes along. You have to reach out and take the risk. It won't always pay off, but even something as simple as telling someone that you like them is important. Even if it's terrifying.

dear non exsistant god

i hope you know that ahhh fuck this hes fake why bother

Ah this is such a touching post but it makes me wish I at least had a boyfriend...

I've recently just met this guy that I'm really interested in and he's just so sweet and seems amazing. He first came and talked to me when I thought I looked really terrible because I had broken out somewhat and my hair was up but he didn't seem to mind. I had to drop out of the class I had with him because I didn't take the prerequisites and it was way over my head. He waited for me to come to class in his truck twice and then walked me to class telling me how he missed me and would have helped.

Each time I've talked with him though I've been reserved and part of it was due to natural shyness but mostly due to how I felt about my face. Here was a guy that I really liked more than anyone I have met before and now my chance with him is slipping away. He just seemed so different than the other boys and just like he should be with me. Corny I know but I've liked guys before but no one has even seemed so... compatible with me as he has I guess... I haven't seen him for over 2 weeks now and he doesn't wait for me anymore. I'm afraid its because I was too reserved and he lost interest. It makes me really sad that the chance for a really good relationship might have been ruined by my lack in social skills and insecurity due to acne. :cry:

Wow, I really feel for you but dont let him slip away!! Why dont you try getting there early and you wait for him? Give it a shot! He seems like one of the good guys, and you can always feel comfortable around him even on your worst day

I just stumbled across this old post in reading the boards and I decided to write my girlfriend one as well. For the last several weeks, I have become completely withdrawn and reclusive. Im having anxiety attacks related to my skin. Every day I feel another monster brewing. I am so down and depressed right now.

I'm writing this letter/email to let you know I love you, fully and completely, for putting up me. Im sure by now you are so sick of hearing me bitch and whine about what I am going thru, but it is the only thing on my mind, 24/7. Im so sorry that Im not being the person you fell in love with, and for not being everything you want and need in a boyfriend right now. Im a completely different person from just a few weeks ago. I am really having a difficult time right now. Im crying while Im typing this. You are the only person I can confide in and I think that everyday it doesnt get better, the closer Im getting to the point where I not only making myself completely insane, but you too. I am physically and emotionally spent w/ this. I havent slept normally in weeks. I dont eat. Ive been in my room reading a fucking acne site for weeks. Its not as easy to say dont let it control you, you look fine, it'll get better or whatever. Its not getting better. Its getting worse everyday. Im sorry that you are going thru this with me. I would understand if you didnt want to anymore. It cant be easy dealing w/ me like this. All I can say is I understand and Im so sorry.

I made an appt w/ a different derm at the end of June and I will be demanding Accutane. I cannot continue living, if thats what it is, like this. If there's a chance that I can get rid of it forever, I need to take it. I will somehow have to deal with the side effects in the hope that in a few months after that, I wont have go thru this ever again. I hate myself for being like this and its completely embarrassing and disheartening to feel mentally incapable of dealing with this problem.

I want to be able to be like I was just a couple weeks ago. When I could wake up on a Saturday morning and just leave and go to breakfast with you. When I could just roll out of bed and go to the store for a paper. I cant. I am overcome w/ dread and anxiety. It hurts. I know how bad my face used to be and I see it coming back to the point again. Its nearly there now. My face hurts. I have these large inflammed spots right now that we take weeks to go away, and will leave a red mark for months. It is such a chore to be able to look in the mirror, when Im alone, and not completely break down. I know how I become when this happens and I dont want to be that person. But its not stopping, and its not getting better. I dont know what to do. I cant be a good person to myself, and I cant be what you need in life right now. I am beside myself with this shit, and I hate that it's affecting things between us. I dont want you to have your good time slighted by what Im going thru. I try to be positive with you when we talk or text, but really im just completely feeling horrible about myself. I really dont want to keep bringing it up but it affects me so much, every single fucking day, and you are my only outlet. I cant even watch tv, read or sleep without thinking about it. The other day I read about 5 pages and I didnt know I thing I read because I cant focus.

I want to be normal again, to be happy and care free. I want us to be normal again. I want to live a long happy life with you. I want to be excited about moving in and starting on a new chapter for the both of us. I hope that you know I want it. I hope that you really understand, and that you think enough of me to try to work thru this bad stretch. I feel like a loser, a failure. I want you to be proud of me. I dont want you to ever be embarrassed of being with me having giant red inflammations on my oil-slick face. I try so hard. It wreaks havoc on me, my confidence, my self esteem, and my total self. I feel so ugly when this happens. I dont want anyone to look at me; I wonder what they are thinking. I feel uglier that I cant even function like a normal person when this happens. Im so low right now.

I cant ask you to fully understand, and I cant expect that you'll never grow just completely fed up w/ me and be done with it. But I need you. You're the only good thing I have in my life, and Im ruining it. I am very very sorry for everything I am putting you thru. I hope that you can forgive me

:comfort: wow. that was extremely touching. i don't know what to say other than i hope you beat acne. n that i hope you read this to her.