Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxlinzxx

Spiro and redmarks??

So, my skin has never scarred from acne. . .really not from anything. My body heals fast. even when I picked. But when my skin got really bad, I started wearing this sulfur mask. . .2x a day, for about a month. . .hoping to dry out all the crap. Now that I'm on spiro, I quit with all the masks. My skin has gotten better but I'm left with sooo many red marks!

Is this b/c I may have burnt or irritated my skin with the products I used?? Will they scar or fade(my skin has no indentions, it's smooth, just a lot of red marks)? I am so scared that I ruined my face trying to dry up acne!

So, my skin has never scarred from acne. . .really not from anything. My body heals fast. even when I picked. But when my skin got really bad, I started wearing this sulfur mask. . .2x a day, for about a month. . .hoping to dry out all the crap. Now that I'm on spiro, I quit with all the masks. My skin has gotten better but I'm left with sooo many red marks!

Is this b/c I may have burnt or irritated my skin with the products I used?? Will they scar or fade(my skin has no indentions, it's smooth, just a lot of red marks)? I am so scared that I ruined my face trying to dry up acne!

Sulfur and BP can be pretty harsh and I've heard they have a tendency to leave bad red marks. They will fade in time (I promse!) - you can help speed them along by using an AHA 8% - 10% product (I personally recommend Alpha Hydrox). My daughter is clearning up very nicely but her red marks were pretty bad. The AHA's have really helped a lot with fading them and exfoliating her skin as well (important to keep pores clean).