Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allieg

spray tan

Can I get a spray tan with acne or will it just make it look worse? I have a dance coming up and all of my friends are going to the tanning bed. Since I can't because I would burn with the medicine I'm on I want to get a spray tan. But if it will make me break out worse or make my acne look worse I'd rather be pale.

Spray tan worked fine for me. I tried Mystic tan and liked it just fine. I have used Sally Hansen Airbrush sun with even better results.

Tanning isn't wise. Regular sun exposure from everyday activities should be safe enough, but not when you're taking a medication that increases your sun exposure risk. You'll need to use SPF when you're outside. Definitely do NOT do the tanning bed thing.

To be honest, you shouldn't. Even if it doesn't make your acne worst you shouldn't spray tan, i heard its very unhealthy for you anyways.

Natural tanning (tanning outside) is the best, not only does it tan you but it clears up your acne ALLOT. I went to cuba and when i came back my acne was almost invisible.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY :evil::evil:

Wow are you serious? No way is natural tanning the best. Its very unhealthy for your skin in some people cancer causing. Spray tanning or self tanners is the healthy choice. *MOD EDIT - Name calling isn't necessary.*

I've never tried spray tans, but I do use a tanning lotion once in a while. Actually, I use it when I'm really concerned about my appearance, because it helps minimize the appearance of any acne or residual marking, so I can get away with less makeup.

It never seems to make my acne worse.

Have fun!