Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTseal

NEW ACCUTANE USERS!!!!

i thought i would start a thread for new accutane users...it'd be cool to be in touch with ppl starting about the same time as me biggrin.gif

so if you have recently started tane, let us know how ur doing, post updates, recomendations, vent, (maybe even pictures if you feel like it biggrin.gif ) etc....

ill start by saying im a guy from California, about to turn 18, and about to start accutane at 20mg a day for now (i weigh 140 some odd). my acne is uber bad sad.gif but hopefully thisll work eh? would be nice to have good skin for the summer and entering college [-o<

anyways, ill try to update this frequently :^o ...but i makeno guarantees biggrin.gif

took first pill this morning....really excited somehow

i feel better just knowing im finally doing somethin that WORKS O:)

i gues i cant really expect to notice any side effects or anything

until after a week or two...so now i just gotta learn patience ](*,) biggrin.gif

week 1s over yea baby yea biggrin.gif/ ! only......ummmmm...6x4 - 1 =.....23 weeks left biggrin.gif . woot :-s

only changes thus far is dry lips. no massive make out sessions for me this week lol. maybe next week O:)

and the skin? eh. ok i gues, i'd say its looking slightly better but i know i prolly will have some downs before the ups. i must say i feel prety good this past week. ive been really busy tho so maybe thats why.

random thoughts: Valentines (yesterday!) was sorta crap. it was ok but i gues thats why it sucked. starting to feel graduating coming (will i make it biggrin.gif ?), kinda sad and exciting. tennis starting soon, hopefully my arm will be ready (hurt it stupididly :-$ ). need to plan Easter vacation trip, i might just get in the car and drive until i end up....wherever biggrin.gif

hope everyones doing well!

3 weeks

done. smile.gif well almost. so far so good. i would say my face is 30% better already. immediately after starting accutane it was like my face stopped breaking out and started clearing. very happy needless to say. accutane has improved me more in 3 weeks than years of using prescription and otc products.

now to the side efects:

dry lips..not to bad until a few days ago. now they need constant attention.

worse than this is the muscle soreness. i worked out monday, lightly mind you. ive been sore all week almost. my shoulder is esp. sore and my joints in general are cracking more. i really like working out but i can see its not going tobe easy. i think im going to have to cut down on it, but not give it up i like it too much. maybe 3 days a week instead of 5 or sumthin. anyways, thats it for side effects, except i feel HAPPIER. biggrin.gif

nice(-: i'm nearly 18, going to university (you call it college in US? I'm already at UK college, but it's a different thing over here) after summer also. What do you plan on studying? You call it a major or something over there, no? I plan to study BA Politics.. assuming my grades are good enough.

I've been on Accutane for 4 months, my face is looking good compared to how it was earlier. I REALLY wanna be clear for summer time and starting university. Keep us updated!

wow havnt updatd in forever. i had to take like 1.5 weeks off accutane after myfirst month. sad.gif that wont happen again. Im back on now, so picking up at week 5 i gues. I started to break out a little when i was off accutane, but pretty much back to normal now. So hopefully ill be done sometime in July...this summers gotta be great (last summer beforecollege biggrin.gif) party biggrin.gif/

thanks to delux, i feel the same way man. Im planning on studying some sort of engineering (either electrial or bio) glad tohear your doing well biggrin.gif

thanks rach! biggrin.gif

at first i saw the comment, and not the user....i was like who is this prick insulting my friggin grammar, step outside with me:-# lol. sooooo....how you doing <joey accent> ?

Haha.. Yer like id be in a position to insult other peoples grammer.

:lol: @ joey accent... Im great thanks you wink.gif

... Hope alls good your end, No doubt cross paths again in future smile.gif

Hi there,

I was wondering, when you started taking your accutane what was your dosage and how did you take it. What food? (Milk aggravates my skin) did you take one in the morning and one at night?. I start tomorrow.. 2 pills, one 40mg and one 20mg. I'm so nervous...to start. The thing is I have had mild to moderate acne for 6 years and NOTHING has worked..NOTHING. Yet here I am now on the verge of possibly getting rid of it and I am so conflicted and afraid of what is ahead of me. I have prom in 4 weeks.. the guy of my dreams (whom I have hid this from) and what if I have this horrible breakout! Gosh...and my doc gave me a cortisone injection already to help with any inflammation that may occur. I can't turn back now.... [-o< Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you

Hey tp (if i may call you that biggrin.gif )! i was kind of uncertain about accutane myself, but ive had no real problems. I started taking it early february, ive been on it almost 7 weeks now. I take 20mg every morning, thats it (really low dose i know).

i just take it with a glass of water after i eat breakfast, which for me is usually cereal, toast, and juice; its good to take with milk i hear :-k , but since that isnt an option for you i think anything kind of "fatty" will do. The important thing is just make sure you eat when you take it biggrin.gif

I will warn you about side effects, i and pretty much everyone gets dry skin and chapped lips. For me, i had prettty chapped lips (maybei should say have) but its nothing a chap stick or something like that cant handle. I also cant work out like i did, i get sore much more quickly, and it seems my joints crack more than usual. sad.gif None of these side effects has really affected me that much, its easily been worth it.

Oh i forgot the most important side effect, immediate results! biggrin.gif/ I have been clearing pretty much from day 1 i think, aside from a few breakouts that were not that bad. biggrin.gif And my case is by no means mild or moderate lol 8-[ So dont worry, im quite sure accutane will work for you....btw i have prom coming up too (but IM a SENIOR woot! biggrin.gif ), don't worry, just go and have fun! it should be good times no? feel free to pm me if i can help ya kid

EntertheDragon: Thanks for the support man. All the best to you in your treatment.

Rach: Yer a wee bit odd me lass :-k . Notwithstanding, you bring to mind the song "Good Souls" :-s . Random i know. Hoping your well biggrin.gif

smile.gif thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I am going to just face this and endure it no matter what. I have the love and support of my parents and siblings who have loved me through all of this acne and my mom and dad have been especially great through all of this trying to keep my spirits up and making me feel beautiful no matter what. I will just pray throughout my treatment and take comfort in knowing that the outcome will be better than where I started even if I am not completely cured.

I thought I was getting accutane cause my doctor signed everything and put accutane down on the pharmacy note and when I got my stuff it said claravis. I have no idea what this stuff is and I thought I was finally getting acne to finally help my skin out and now I'm just so depressed scared and confused that I just wanna break down and cry cause I feel liek claravis or whatever isn't anything compared to accutane. What the fuck he told me on wednesday I would have accutane how could this happen to me? oh man, i hope I don't do somethign stupid.

^what she said

im on a generic myself...i think alot if not most ppl go on them. its pretty much the same stuff, so no worries biggrin.gif

Rach: Yer a wee bit odd me lass :-k . Notwithstanding, you bring to mind the song \"Good Souls\" :-s .  Random i know.  Hoping your well biggrin.gif

i knew what ya meant biggrin.gif:-$

and you have never heard the song "Good Souls"? [-( but "its the song that everybody knows" <---what the singer guy calls it

whatever. take it as a compliment.

i hope your doing better than me btw as i just crashed my car last night #-o

Hi there,

how are the new users doing? well it is approximately day 5 for me. My skin is doing pretty good. It's slightly drier but not much and I only have a few little bitty baby zits ones on my lower jaw and neck area. My hair covers them so it's no big deal. I did get a mid size one on my forehead yesterday but it went away the next day. Today I woke up with on on my upper chin next to my mouth. It's mid size but makeup covers it. It's weird but they don't really bother me. If I just get a steady couple here and there throughout I am cool. I've really been watching my diet, salads, chicken. I have cereal or oatmeal with fruit in the morning. Since day one, I have drank tons and tons of water like 64 ozs a day or more if I can. No soda ever! I pee alot but that's the only inconvenience smile.gif . I know it's early yet..but I am going to keep a positive attitude throughout this.

On a sad note..my bf and I broke up. He is 2 years older than me and leaving for college in exactly 8 weeks. He will be very far away and we just both feel that if we end things now it will be easier in the long run for us. He is a wonderful guy and we never had a single problem in our relationship except that we both knew there would be no long term future with him leaving. We tried to make it work in spite of it..but we just were getting more and more attached to each other and rather than be heartbroken in June, we backed off now. I am a little bummed...but my skin and mental well being are my main priority right now and I can't be any good to anyone right now as long as I am dealing with accutane.

That has nothing to do with this thread..but I just needed to get that off my chest. Writing it out...feels therapeutic smile.gif

I hope my fellow accutane users are doing well.

God Bless

hi tp. im fine but minus $. oh well

skin is coming along slowly but surely i think biggrin.gif sounds like your off to a good start

sorry to hear about your breakup sad.gif know what you mean tho, i didnt get seriously ivolved this year, partly just because i know im leaving soon. i met a really =P~ cool sophmore this year plus afew others, but it would suck to start something just to have it over a few months later. in your case, maybe if he goes to school somewhat nearby you can still see each other O:)

smile.gif Hi there,

glad to hear things are coming along with your skin. I have been doing a little research on accutane and came across this http://www.skinsite.com/info_accutane.htm it seems that vitamin e and using alpha hydroxy is recommended. I am going to start taking the Vitamin E, and since I was already doing the "acne cure" method before accutane I am just going to switch to a very gentle face wash that has no SA in it and use just the AHA after and then moisturize. I know from experience that the AHA always helped to reduce the inflammation of a zit and get them dried up and off my skin within a day or so. I won't use BP anymore since that would be counter productive. I'll let you know how it goes.

As for my ex bf he is going to school almost 2000 miles away. I still have 2 years of high school. I'm sure I will see him when he comes home to visit but most likely he will meet someone and perhaps I would too.

Keep me posted on your progress smile.gif

i knew what ya meant  biggrin.gif  :-

and you have never heard the song \"Good Souls\"? [-(  but \"its the song that everybody knows\" <---what the singer guy calls it

whatever. take it as a compliment. 

i hope your doing better than me btw as i just crashed my car last night  #-o

i know its hard to believe but i got ya

as i said random 8-[

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/19/starsailor/...good_souls.html

fixing my car is going to cost about 1300-1400$ sad.gif . i wish i knew how to do body work because i think i could fix it for about 500 myself. it really sucks mostly because my car is only worth like 3 or 4k. but yea no one was hurt (to my knowledge anyway) so that was good

tp: i was taking 400 iu's of vitamin e a day but ive been slacking. i need to start doing that again; same withe the water, i was drinking alot at first, but the last couple weeks i havent been doing it so much, trying for a gallon a day...i cut soda almost 100% outa my diet for quite a few months too, i think sticking with water and maybe juice is a good idea. I also try to take quite a bit of vitamic c, which seems pretty important. sounds like your on top of things biggrin.gif