Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okaaaaaaaay, well due to the fact that im really un-self confident, for obvious reasons... i have managed to get through life without much interest from guys. however, I somehow seem to have been asked out. just a drink kind of thing. im mostly just worried about running out of stuff to say. can anyone give me any advice?? thanks!

I used to be worried about this too. Trust me, if you focus on not having anything to say it will come true. The best thing to do is just ask him about himself, the things he does etc. Talk about his interests. This gets people talking. He will probably do most the talking anyways.

Good luck, it will be fun :).

Practice the date in your head. Be able to carry a conversation like a wrestler carries a match whether you are the face or heel. Answer questions with questions. Be able to talk about anything from the color of the floor to what you are eating. Don't stay quiet but don't talk too much. Don't move too much but don't be a statue. Be funny but don't be a comedian. Be original but don't be phony. Be yourself and the previous sentences are eliminated. Good luck!

Make a list of topics such as politics, school, make-up, or other things that guys like to talk about. Then at the date, show him the list and tell him to write down his opinion on a few of the subjects.

That's good.

Make a list of topics such as politics, school, make-up, or other things that guys like to talk about. Then at the date, show him the list and tell him to write down his opinion on a few of the subjects.

That's good.

I agree, don't agonize over it too much or you'll just end up being so nervous about it you'll clam up.

Because I am an expert in dating (bwhahaha!), my advice is to talk about things that you are genuinely interested in so your enthusiasm comes across.

I agree with Necromancer that asking questions & getting the other person to talk is good. It takes pressure off of you & people like to talk about themselves. Don't rehearse anything or have too much in mind, because it will come off as stiff & practiced, which is lame. Hopefully you will not have to carry the conversation completely and he will make it easy on you.

Being shy, basic conversation skills always came hard to me.

Stuff to remember:

-Silences don't have to be awkward; sometimes a moment of quiet is nice. Start the conversation up again by making a random observation on your surroundings.

-Be curious. Ask what you really want to know, without prying of course.

-Discuss things that are not ordinary. Stuff that isn't the typical polite topics, but things that you wonder or think about. So even if you are not the funniest person or have great stories to relate, you will seem interesting. That is the "be yourself" part I guess.

In all seriousness, just try to get to know each other better.

And I do this whenever those awkward silence moments come up. I just go..."Jeez...will you shut up already?" or "You're quite a chatterbox aren't you?"

You might think you have nothing to talk about but whenever I think about that towards a person, I usually talk to that person for hours.

And I do this whenever those awkward silence moments come up. I just go..."Jeez...will you shut up already?" or "You're quite a chatterbox aren't you?"

You might think you have nothing to talk about but whenever I think about that towards a person, I usually talk to that person for hours.

I agree w/ the poster that said to talk about things that you are genuinely interested in. Just be you, that's the best advice. Fakeness is easy to spot and can be a major turnoff. Just be you and don't pretend to like something that you don't. Ask the person basic questions about their life - where they grew up, siblings, what they like to do for fun, hobbies, what they do for a living (or if you're young, ask about classes at school that they like), etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out an awkward silence, it can break the ice. "o..k...hmmm, one of those fun silent moments!" Good luck on your date! That's fantastic!

Since when did you start giving sincere advice?

Pshhh....

Pussy!

That's good.

Booooriiingggg....

Just tell him all about how much you love having sex on the first date, threesomes, and anal.

That's GUARANTEED to keep the conversation going. And most likely, he'll probably ask you out on a 2nd date too! :)

i think you should just be yourself......talk about things that interest you and ask the person about things they are interested in. you can also have in mind a couple of topical issues that you can discuss... for example the lasted news on tv or something you read about lately that interested that got your attention ....

Relax. I always get nervous before dates, but they end up being fine. Tthe usual questions about what they like to do, or what they are studying in school, etc. are good springboards for conversations. Just don't ask yes or no questions.

The key is small talk. "Hi how are you" etc etc. You then move up to talking about where you live, what you do, interests, and passions yadda yadda yadda. When he tells you something you can chime in and draw correlations to what he's saying. For example, he says something like, "I am a theater major and I play to transfer to anywhere theatre arts school." You can reply by saying something to the effect "Oh that sounds interesting! How long have you been interested in that?", you can also embelish by telling him what YOU are passionate about, and by asking questions that show him that you are intereste about what he's telling you. This allows him to get to know you better. In short, you are building a repoire that will serve you well on future dates. Eventually you won't wonder what to say because you'll know him and you'll feel comfortable in his prescence. Speak to be understood and listen with intent...Good luck and let us know!

-Drewski

That's good.

Booooriiingggg....

Just tell him all about how much you love having sex on the first date, threesomes, and anal.

That's GUARANTEED to keep the conversation going. And most likely, he'll probably ask you out on a 2nd date too! :)

That's good.

lol @ turning a date into an essay exam

Part I: Short Essay

Pick three of the following subjects and write a short (500 words minimum) essay explaining your position on each.

Abortion

Medical marijuana

Euthanasia

Gay marriage

War in Iraq

CIA wiretapping

usually you will be holding hands, hugging, smiling.. just be yourself and talk about their interests and find something to agree and laugh about.

i remember one time we were in the movie theater and an advirtisment popped up.. the theater was looking for a security guard.. and i was like "hey you could apply to that job!... i can imagine you pushing someone and saying "whats up punk"... stuff like that make them laugh or something. whatever comes up.. the sky is the limit.

of what he mentioned or a she?

practicing the scenario in your head.

i think its best to go with the flow as it is carried on.

if your doing and saying things you wrote down your head.

it would be more as if reading a script.

so make it raw and sing along with the beat.